Xavier the Sinister
Photo by Caoilfhionn inghean Fhaoláin
|Resides: Barony of Carolingia
|Awards: Order of Precedence
Per chevron inverted azure and vert, two moose's heads couped contourny in chief a compass star elongated to base and in base a sword inverted argent
|Award & Office Badges
Don Xavier the Sinister (pronounced EK-say-VEE-ur the SI·nuh·STR). He was a resident of Tir Mara in the East, then moved to An Tir for a few years before moving back to the East. His heraldic Arms are based on events during his first trip to the Great Northeastern War.
- Member of House Sable Dawn
- Member of Chateaux Fin du Monde (aka. House Pembroke)
- Member of Lochleven
- Student to Lord Tarius
- Student to Don John Radburne
- Cadet to Don Conal MacLaren
Note: Xavier's name and persona are not connected to each other.
Xavier's name can be found in the region where Spain and France meet in the late 1500's and early 1600's (see research in OSCAR name registration). The origin of the name is fitting with Xavier's research (IRL) into Gérard Thibault d'Anvers's rapier system, since Thibault learnt fencing in Spain before returning to Leiden, Netherlands and writing his fencing system in Academie de l'Espée in French (since the book was sponsored by the French Crown).
Xavier's persona is of a Swedish sailor with Norse pagan heritage before the conversion of Scandinavians to Christianity in the late Viking age (950-1000).
Offices & Positions
- Marshal of Fence
- Baronial Rapier Champion, Barony of L'Ile du Dragon Dormant (2009-ish)
- Gallant of Madrone, Barony of Madrone (An Tir) (2014)
- East Kingdom Rapier General, Pennsic XLVIII (2019)
- Baronial Rapier Champion, Barony Beyond the Mountain (2023)
In Case of Court
Please contact Marguerite Ingen Lachlainn
Projects & Publications
- Name of Project/Publication, Other info, mm/dd/yyyy
- List in Chronological order, oldest to newest