From EastKingdomWiki(Redirected from User:RichardHeyworth)
|Resides: Barony of Carolingia|
|Awards: Order of Precedence|
Azure fretty, a bordure Or.
|Award & Office Badges|
Richard joined the SCA as an embroiderer (which remains his primary focus) but is interested in many things! He has taught classes on medieval finance, accounting, and economics, and he plays a variety of instruments. Lately, he has taken up archery and heralding!
A minor landholder from West Yorkshire, under the reign of the Tudors.
Offices & Positions
- Student to Amalie von Hohensee
- Special Deputy for Web Display to the East Kingdom Minister of Arts and Sciences
- Golden Gryphon Pursuivant for the Barony of Carolingia
- Craftsman of the Keepers of Athena's Thimble
- Carolingia Baronial Champion for Archery from December, 2020 to Present
- General Volunteer for Carolingia/Quintavia Crown Feeder Tournament, June, 2021
Projects and Displays
- Brickstitch Bag, part of the First Online East Kingdom A&S Display, 2020
- The completed bag can be seen here
- Pattern Darned Drawstring Bag, part of the Second Online East Kingdom A&S Display, 2020
- Holly and Carnation, part of the Harpers' Retreat A&S Display, 2020
- Honeycomb Smocked Apron, part of the Falling Leaves A&S Display, 2020
- Order of Courtesy Glove, donated to the East Kingdom in December, 2020
- Five Handkerchiefs, given as tokens to competitors at East Kingdom Arts and Sciences Championship, 2021
- See more embroidery in my Facebook Gallery
- Medieval and Renaissance Banking, or “How to Succeed in Business Without Getting Condemned for Usury" presented online on May 8, 2020 and available on the East Kingdom YouTube
- A Brief History of Accounting presented online on June 30, 2020 and available on the East Kingdom YouTube
- Medieval Music, or "Why Does Medieval Music Sound So... Medieval?" presented online on September 4, 2020 at Harpers' Retreat in the Barony of Stonemarche
In Case of Court
Please contact Philippa Dyvill. Online awards are welcome.
1500-1530/late Henry VII/early Henry VIII is the way I costume/portray my persona, and I would love any scrolls that pull from that period for inspiration.