Anéžka Liška z Kolína
From EastKingdomWiki(Redirected from User:Anezka)
Anéžka at Pennsic XLVIII
|Resides: Barony of Carolingia|
|Awards: Order of Precedence|
Per bend bevilled Or and vert.
|Award & Office Badges|
Anéžka Liška z Kolína (she/they) came to the Society in AS 51 because she collects hobbies and the SCA is basically just one big collection of hobbies; she stayed because it's also a monument to enthusiasm and interconnected communities. Her main passion is heraldry, with a specialty in Czech onomastics, but she is also enthusiastic about weaving, calligraphy, music (particularly harp music), pottery, connecting people to other people, shenanigans, being useful, and probably plenty of other things she just hasn't dipped a toe into yet. She recently began studying Italian rapier and has rapidly fallen in love with it; look for her at Heralds Point or the rapier field, at most events.
Anéžka lives in late 14th/early 15th century Bohemia, in the town of Kolín; anything more precise than that is yet to be determined.
Offices & Positions
- Webminister for the Blue Tyger Herald website, July 2021 to present.
- Pantheon Herald, March 2021 to present.
- Decision staff for Wreath Sovereign of Arms, November 2020 to present.
- Decision staff for Pelican Sovereign of Arms, August 2020 to present.
- Golden Gryphon Pursuivant, Barony of Carolingia, August 2018 to July 2021.
Classes & Publications
- Or and Vert, Anéžka's blog
- Blazonry for Scribes - first taught at Virtual Midyear KWHSS, Jan 2021
- Documenting Name Patterns - first taught at Virtual Midyear KWHSS, Jan 2021
- How to SENA (or, Where the Heck Do I Find That?) - first taught at KWHSS, Jul 2021
- Laurels Challenge entries, May 2021
- Court Herald, First Court of Fiore & Frithuric, Virtual Falling Leaves, 9/11/21
- List Herald, Crown feeder tourney (Quintavia/Carolingia edition), 7/3/21
- Scroll reader, various Ethereal Courts of Tindal and Alberic, 2020-2021
In Case of Court
When planning awards for Anéžka, surprises are welcome but by no means required. Because community is important to her, however, please do not keep awards a surprise from her family and friends, particularly Gavin Kent (gavinkent at gmail); Justin du Coeur can also guide you on who to inform. Awards in Ethereal Court are acceptable.
Scrolls created and read by her friends are preferred, as are scroll texts based explicitly on period sources. Despite being primarily focused on Czech (and always appreciative of Czech sources!), she also has great fondness for Middle English and Latin.
Pronunciation: ah-NEZH-kah LISH-kah zkoh-LEEN-ah - the "z" is very subtle, more like you're saying "lishka's koleena". (IPA: [ˈanɛʒka lɪʃka z koliːna])
Anéžka does not have a Peer or official mentor at this time; if you have feedback for her, please feel free to seek her out and deliver it directly.