Ulric von der Insel
Ulric as Daisy Herald
|Resides: Barony of the Bridge|
|Status: Baron Bridge, Schwarzer Turm Herald Extraordinaire|
|Awards: Order of Precedence|
|Award & Office Badges|
Meister Ulric, Freiherr von der Insel. Pleased to meet you!
Order of the Pelican, Court Baron, Order of the Silver Crescent, Queen's Order of Courtesy, Order of the Pillar of the Bridge, l'Ordre du Pellerin (Havre des Glaces), Order of the Lodestone (Smoking Rocks)
In the Year of Our Lord 1100, Ulric was born in southeastern Lotharingia, and raised near Strassbourg. He served his Uncle Sam as a messenger, ranging up and down the Rhineland, west to the French, and into Rhaetia. He moved with his Lady Wife Clothilde to the East Kingdom to make his fortune and be worthy of such an esteemed bride.
Offices & Positions
(In chronological order)
- Troll Pursuivant, Canton of Trollhaven
- DuPont Pursuivant, Barony of the Bridge
- Brigantia Principal Herald, East Kingdom
- Elmet Herald, East Kingdom
- Schwarzer Turm Herald Extraordinary
- Fourth Baron Bridge, with Clothilde
- Bridge Birthday autocrat
- Feast of the End of the Gaunt Days autocrat
- Highly skilled at unskilled labor
Projects & Publications
- Compleat Anachronist #159: Unique Ministerials: Unfree Nobility, 2013.
- "Ministerials: Serf Nobles." Tournaments Illuminated 192, Fourth Quarter, 2014.
- "Empire of Ghana." Tournaments Illuminated 193, First Quarter, 2015.
- Assorted articles of historical note in assorted local newsletters
Teacher at Pennsic and the East Kingdom: German History, Wagadu History, Heraldry (all sorts), How to Teach, Persona Development, Heraldry Teacher Coordinator, Known World Heralds' and Scribes, Symposium