Image captured by Sage Élan de Janvier
|Awards: Order of Precedence|
Per Pale Purpure and Sable, a strawberry flower between three seeblatter in pall, points outward, Argent.
|Award & Office Badges|
Tiffan Fairamay (she/they), now known as Sulicena Vassura, mundanely known as Sylvan Thorncraft, is very curious and loves to make things. These tendencies, coupled with a mundane background in Anthropology and Geography (focusing on Archaeology), have supported her deep desire to understand how people of various times and places have done this “human” thing, and how our personal lives, beliefs, and domestic practices are part of a sweeping arc of time, history, and evolution of culture. She also harbors a long standing love for, and curiosity about ancestral roots, fairy tales and folk ways.
Rooted in pre-Roman Iron Age Britain (Salisbury Plain).
- Apprentice to Camille des Jardins, November 2018 to July 2023
Offices, Positions, Guild Associations
- Keeper of the Forest Court of Malagentia, July 2023 to the present. Guild Member/Forester - East Kingdom Foresters Guild, Spring 2022 to the present.
- Scribe - East Kingdom College of Scribes, April 2018 to the present. Visit my Scriptorium to see finished projects.
- Guild Member/Journeyman - Keepers of Athena's Thimble, July 2019 to the present.
- Local Deputy A&S Minister - Malagentia, May 2021 to the present.
Projects & Publications
- Blogs at: https://thornandthread.wordpress.com - 2014 to the present
- Tyger Camp Challenge 2021, The Moonstone, Province of Malagentia Newsletter, March 2021
- Off Plague and Other Miasma with Pomanders, The East Kingdom Gazette, March 2021 (With supplemental article on my blog: of What and How they are Made)
- Chivalry Renewed, The Moonstone, Province of Malagentia Newsletter, November 2018
- Making Cordage with Day Lily Leaves, the Endewearde Hunt 2023
- The Gift of Garb, a discussion exploring our relationship with garb, the Stonemarche Garb Schola 2023
- Dying Fiber and Fabric with Acorns, Forest Court of Malagentia Gettogether, December 2022
- Part of the Malagentia Scribal Night Teaching Team, November 2021 to November 2022 Malagentia
- Producing Directly Applied Tablet-Woven Trim, Autumn's Inspirations 2018, Malagentia, Great Northeastern War XXXIV (2022), The Stonemarche Garb Schola 2023
- Exploring Carmelite Water - Autumn's Inspirations 2018, Malagentia
- Warding Off Plague and Other Miasma With Pomanders - Great Northeastern War XXXII (2018), and 12th Night in the Shire of Panther Vale 2023
- Sew Your Own Hood (Youth) - Great Northeastern War XXXII (2018)
- Make a Set of Quoits (Youth) - Great Northeastern War XXXII (2018)
- Order of the Laurel, Great Northeastern War, July 2023 (Brennan IV and Caoilfhionn IV)
- Typical Category Winner, Artifacts of a Life V (2023)
- Order of the Maunche, 100 Minutes War, November 2021 (Ioannes II and Honig II)
- Gifted a Token of Inspiration by Consul Alberic at the XI Ethereal Court of the Eastern Consules, July 2021 (Tindal & Alberic)
- Order of the Silver Brooch, Crown Tournament of Wilhelm & Vienna, November 2018 (Wilhelm & Vienna)
- Malagentian Provincial A&S Award, Autumn's Inspirations 2018, Malagentia
- Material Culture
- Scribal Arts (Illumination and calligraphy)
- Plants (Herbal medicine, traditional foods, dyestuffs)
- Fiber Arts (embroidery, garment fabrication, spinning, weaving (especially tablet))
- Metal Casting
- Folk Traditions...