Thomas of Mountain Freehold
See Template_talk:Populace for full suggested contents.
Lord Thomas of Mountain Freehold cooking at the Closing of the Inne at Coldwood, Fall 2019
|Resides: Shire of Mountain Freehold|
|Awards: Order of Precedence|
|Award & Office Badges|
The Honorable Lord Thomas of Mountain Freehold is a blacksmith, mead-maker and Underforester in the Shire. As well as being active in the Freehold for a decade (including as a once and future officer), he is also a member of the EK Blacksmiths Guild, the EK Brewers Guild, and the EK Royal Foresters Guild. Besides all of the above, he also enjoys chainmaille-making, historical cooking, and dabbling in leatherworking, woodworking, and heavy list.
Thomas is a 10th-century (Viking Era) blacksmith from Birka, Sweden. He is married to The Honorable Lady Guðrún Sveinsdóttir. She was introduced to him by her brother Bjorn, who just happened to be Thomas' apprentice in the blacksmithing trade. After Bjorn was old enough to take over the blacksmith's forge, Thomas and Guðrún were free to travel, and found themselves in the Knowne Worlde, where they settled in the Freehold.
Offices & Positions
- Seneschal of Mountain Freehold, 1/1/17 to 12/31/18
- Seneschal of Mountain Freehold, 1/1/21 to 12/31/22
- Seneschal of Mountain Freehold, 1/1/23 to 12/31/24
- Award of Arms, Panteria, May 2017
- Order of the Silver Wheel, Ethereal Court, June 13th 2021
- Order of the Silver Crescent, EK Twelfth Night, Jan. 7th 2023
- Co-autocrat, Feast of Fools, April 2017
- Clean-up Coordinator, Panteria, May 2019
- Clean-up Coordinator, Panteria, May 2022
- Name of Publication, Other info, mm/dd/yyyy
- List in Chronological order, oldest to newest
- Mead-Making 101, Freehold Birthday Bash, Fall 2017?
- Chainmaille 101, Freehold A&S monthly gathering, 2018?
- Youth Blacksmithing 101, Mimir's Well, March 2019
- Making Camp Lamps (youth class), Mimir's Well, March 2020
- Intro to Blacksmithing - Practicum (spontaneous class/tutoring), Panteria, May 2022
In Case of Court
Please contact The Honorable Lady Guðrún Sveinsdóttir (Rosie of Mountain Freehold). My pronouns are he/his. I am open to either in-person or online/virtual awards.
Scroll information for scribes: Anything that has to do with my persona or my bio above is welcome. Potential elements could be related to metalwork or brewing, especially mead. English or Norse runes work best for my persona, but if the scroll style needs a different script, that's fine too. There are many beautiful scroll styles out there, including non-traditional formats (such as stone or wood-carving, stained glass, etc.), so I don't want any of the above to be limitations. I leave it up to the artist's discretion. Thank you for all that you do!
- Metalworking website: Iron Grove Forge