Thomas of Effingham
Also Registered as "Effing Thomas"
|Resides: Shire of Quintavia|
|Awards: Order of Precedence|
Heraldry passed 8/31/08
|Award & Office Badges|
Former Baron of Carolingia, East Kingdom Experimental Rapier Deputy, Deputy Kingdom Seneschal for Central Region
Baron Thomas of Effingham(He/Him/His), Master of Defense, Consort of Baroness Raziya bint Rusa and Lady Sakurai no Kesame. Patronized by Duchess Caoilfhionn inghean Fhaolain, Lady of the Rose. Former Provost of Sir Antonio Patrasso, Order of Defense. Former Henchman of Warder Colin MacNish, Order of Defense. Friend of House Fairhaven. Member of Sharc Pit. Member of the Carolingian Calivers. Member of Clan Faolach and VDK.
Don Thomas has officially taken two Henchmen(Cadets) and two Agents(Provosts) to date:
- Lupold Haas(Master of Defense)
- Caoilfhionn inghean Fhaoláin(Now Agent/Provost)
- Brendan Firebow(Master of Defense)
Lord Thomas of Effingham is a wandering mad Englishman. Learning to fence from a Scottish Henchlord, a Loud Dutchman, a hoarse voiced Italian and several other rogues and ruffians. He has journeyed as far away from England as Mongolia where he deemed their attires very comfortable and warm, though he would prefer to stay in Italy on the Northern Coast where the Mediterranean meets the Adriatic Sea.
SCA IMDB Credits
- Coronation of Tindal and Alberic as Member of the order of Defence, Landed Baron representing House Runnymede, and Sir Antonio Patrasso, Master of Defence during Rose elevation
- Falling Leaves 2020 as Baron of Carolingia, Himself, and alleged sheep thief.
- Archery Champioonship Court as Baron of Carolingia*
- Elevations of Lilias, and Tasha, as Hands of The Crown
- Mudthaw 2022 as Davius St. Jaques
Offices & Positions
- Deputy East Kingdom Seneschal
- Central Region Seneschal
- Baron of Carolingia(Retired)
- East Kingdom Experimental Rapier Deputy(Retired)
- Current Marshal of the Field
- Former Pantheon Herald for a very short duration
- 10th Capitaine de Griff, the Flaming Gryphon Baronial Rapier Champion
- Former Barony of Middle Marches Baronial Rapier Champion
- Former North Oaken Regional Champion
- Former South and North Oaken Regional Rapier XO
- Pennsic Rapier Champion (2010-2011 Middle Kingdom, 2013-2014-2015-2016-2017-2018-2019-we don't talk about the pandemic years-2022-2023 East Kingdom)
- Member of the 2014 Northern Army Fencers given a Blue Tyger Legion
- Company of the Pennon of the East(Gulfnado)
- Member of the Queen's Guard for Thyra the 1st, Avelina the 2nd, Caoilfhionn the 2nd, Honig the 1st
- Queen's Rapier Champion for Avelina Keyes, Thyra Eiriksdottir, and Caoilfhionn inghean Fhaolain
- Premier holder of the Cloak of Perseverance
- A holder of Queen Caoilfhionn III, and IV's Cypher
- A holder of Queen Fortune's Cypher
- Baron of the Court of Ioannes and Ro Honig
- A holder of King Ryou's Cypher
- Event Steward for Coronation of Ioannes & Honig: 2017
- Event Steward for Falling Leaves in Exile: 2016, 2017, 2019)
- Rapier Marshal in charge, Red Dragon: 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011
- Rapier Marshal in charge, Kingdom A&S and Crown Tourney: May 24-25, 2008
- Thomas teaches 2 handed swordplay for cut and thrust as well as heavy rapier in the tradition of Maestro Fiore Dei Liberi.
- Sapphire Member of shadow organization composed only of those named Don Thomas spanning from the East Kingdom all the way across the Knowne World.
- Has Opinions.
- Wouldn't mind being surprised in court. See Raziya, Kae, and Caoilfhionn about that business.
- Once broke a blade on a set of Legendary Abs.
- Once Broke a blade on a Legendary Davius in a cadet's tourney.
- Once Broke a blade on Warder Wolfgar of the Mid.
- Once Broke a blade belonging to Master Colin MacNish by holding it as Squire Uncle Milo did a beat parry and it fell apart in his hands.(Kinda not really his fault though)
- No really, he really was the Baron of Carolingia. For Real. They were polled and everything. I don't get it either, okay!
- Likes a warm fleece in the winter.
- Suffers from various mental health issues, that are constantly in flux. Most notably is Depression, Anxiety, and Executive Disfunction more often than is useful.