Sláine báen Ronán meic Robert
Sláine báen Ronán meic Robert
Photo by Eanraig the Bonesetter
|Resides: Barony of An Dubhaigeainn|
|Awards: Order of Precedence|
Azure, a Squirrel sejant erect contourny maintaining upon a Tray Argent a Wooden Goblet Proper all within a Bordure Argent Six Acorns Proper
Drawn by Master Vettorio Antonello
|Award & Office Badges|
Lady Sláine heard about the SCA in the Late 1980's in High School. She hung out mundanely with members of House Three Skulls. She did not join the Society until her then teenaged daughter was looking to continue fencing after the intra-mural season ended.
Changed locations frequently due to marriage to frequently moving sailor/boatwright.
No real time or place, but prefers comfort over fashion in clothing. Frequently wears Viking.
Learned to Serve and to Scribe
as a way to get to know the important folk in new area,
and ingratiate herself to same - in order to better provide for her children.
This allows for wearing different styles.
Pronounced Slay-nay bayn Row-nan meechk Robert
Spouse: both mundanely and in Society Ronan FitzRobert
Female and prefers feminine Pronouns.
Call me: 'Lady Sláine', or just 'Sláine'
Favorite Activities at an Event
Sláine in general likes to help. If she is on site and something needs doing, she will gladly assist, just ask.
She is a Beginner Scribe and Baby Herald... she can do shouty things
She is a former Baronial Chatelaine, (and everyone is a chatelaine) so can answer questions about the Society in general, and about her Barony in specific. She's also pretty good at finding someone who knows more about a given subject, and performing introductions.
She enjoys cooking and will help in the kitchen. She can peel, chop, & slice; general sous-chef type work.
Her go-to thing to do at any given event is to Retain for the Royals or Coronets. Loves to be able to see and hear everything that is going on in Court, and especially when there are "roving courts" or "fealty's on the fly." Loves knowing stuff, and finds this is one of the best ways to get the first hand knowledge
Offices & Positions
- Deputy to Blue Tyger Herald: Diademe, East Kingdom, January 2019 to Present
- Decision staff for Wreath Sovereign of Arms, East Kingdom January 2019 to Present.
- Mistress of Lists, An Dubhaigeainn, January 2011 to December 2012
- Deputy Chatelaine, An Dubhaigeainn, January 2013 to December 2013
- Chatelaine, An Dubhaigeainn, January 2014 to December 2016
- Deputy Herald, An Dubhaigeainn, October 2017 to June 2018
- Baronial Herald: Drake Persuivant, An Dubhaigeainn, July 2018 to June 2022
- Deputy Chronicler, An Dubhaigeainn, July2022 to Present
- Member, Guild of the Outstretched Hand, August 2000 - Present
Projects and Publications
I have a couple of Blogs...
https://ladyslainebaenronan.blogspot.com/ For Service; the stuff I do
https://slainesscribalstylings.blogspot.com/ For my work as a Scribe of the East
Contact me... firstname.lastname@example.org
Awards, Favors, and Recognitions
AoA from Edward II and Thyra, 11/10/2012 Scroll by Melanie LaBerge
Medallion by Antonii Machinevik
- Baronial Silver Feather 9/24/2013 & 6/18/2022 and Bronze Duck Multiple times,
- SeaStar from Vice Regalty of Ostgardr, Multiple times.
Favors received from
- Tsaritsa Matilde DeCadenet I,
- Vicereigne Johanna I Visby, OP
- Vicereigne Lada Monguligin, OL
Have in Court (ideally before I am called)
my Husband, Lord Ronan FitzRobert;
my Children, Lady Miriam Giant Slayer and Joel MacRonan; (ok, they're adults now and do not live in the area, but try)
and the Coronet of An Dubhaigeainn
Or as many of them as possible.
Ok to be out of Home Barony, ask my Husband, and/or Coronet to try to have as many Ducks present as possible. Very cool if being done at the same time as another award to a Duck... it will help me believe that the local crowd at out-of-area-event is for them rather than for me. Also can be used as the reason for me to attend, (and vice versa)
In Case of Peerage
See my Service Blog