Settmour Swamp is one of the oldest, largest, and most active Baronies in the East Kingdom, and runs 4-9 events each year. Their annual Mudthaw event typically attracts between 500-700 attendees, and features the largest double-elimination armored tournament in the East Kingdom, with over 100 combatants.
Meaning: The group's name comes from the original two counties covered by the group: SomerSET and MORRis; also, the area is home to New Jersey's Great Swamp National Wildlife Refuge.
Established: as a Shire in October 1979; elevated to Barony in 1981
Blazon: Per fess argent and vert, a tower bendwise counterchanged sable and argent, in sinister chief a laurel wreath vert.
Heraldic officer's title: Sinking Tower Pursuivant
Newsletter: The Mudpuppy
Fighting Unit(s): Part of the Wetlands Alliance
Baron: Orlando Sforza
Baroness: Charis Accipiter
Seneschal: Markus Farmaðr
Barons and Baronesses of Settmour Swamp
Territories of Settmour Swamp
A map with a searchable towns/zipcode list, is online.
- The Canton of Gryphonwald, Settmour's oldest living canton, covers northern Middlesex county.
- The Canton of the Burning Rivers was founded in 1982 and covered Monclair. The canton became an independent unit, but folded 1983.
- The Canton of Marwick was founded in 1988 and covers Union County and the towns of Warren, Watchung, and Bound Brook. The canton is currently inactive.
- The Incipient Canton of the Crimson Hart faded before official status.
A list of baronial officers, past and present, is online
A list of baronial champions, past and present, is online
A list of baronial denizens, past and present, is online
- Company of Mud
- Copper Tower (youth service)
- Bronze Tower (service)
- Silver Tower (outstanding service)
- Ivory Tower (arts)
- Iron Tower (martial arts)
A list of award recipients is on-line.