Sage Élan de Janvier
Lord Sage Élan de Janvier (they/them pronouns)
|Resides: Shire of Mountain Freehold|
|Awards: Order of Precedence|
Heraldry is a work in progress, but Sage can always be recognized by a stag rampant on a dark green field.
|Award & Office Badges|
Sage is a fencer, archer, artist, scribe, and prospective forester from the Shire of Mountain Freehold. They began their SCA journey in February of 2017.
They are a student of Lisabetta Medaglia for illumination. As of 2019 they are a Marshal in Training for Rapier.
Sage enjoys spending their time camping, whittling, sketching in the forest, climbing trees, and being outside when others say it's too cold. Their favorite game is Getting Close To Deer, in which they attempt to get close to deer.
Sage Élan de Janvier is a late 13th century French persona.
- Arts and Sciences Champion, Shire of Mountain Freehold, Birthday Bash, 2018
- Rapier Champion, Shire of Panther Vale, Lost Tip, 2019
- Award of Arms, Shire of Mountain Freehold, Mimir's Well, 2020
- Order of the Silver Rapier, East, First Ethereal court of Ionnes and Honig, 2022
- Birka 2020 - ranked 12th out of 74 participants
- Panteria 2022 - tourney winner
Shown in order of completion. Sage documents the extants they reference and more details about each scroll on their website here: https://sageelan.weebly.com/
Silver Rapier Award for David Poirier de LeLoup, Illumination and Calligraphy. 2020
Silver Wheel Award for Lisabetta Medaglia, Illumination and Calligraphy. 2020
Silver Wheel Award for Trentus Nubianus, Illumination and Calligraphy. 2020
Silver Mantle Award for Arpidfin Vidor, Illumination and Calligraphy. 2020
Silver Tiger Award for Abel Atte Watere, Illumination and Calligraphy. 2021
Silver Wheel Award for Kara Irini bint Todori, Illumination and Calligraphy. 2021
Silver Crescent for Lisabetta Medaglia, Calligraphy. 2022
- Fencing Demo Volunteer, VT Winter Renaissance Faire, 2019
- Teacher of Calligraphy, Mimir's Well, 2020
- Fencing Demo Volunteer, VT Summer Renaissance Faire, 2021
- Photograph published in Æstel, Volume 28, Number 08, August A.S. LVII - https://members.sca.org/apps/newsletters/AEthelmearc/Aethelmearc%20AESTEL%202208.pdf?fbclid=IwAR2gEEAC7Npucl9nXf7EHIN2_cSnhVlAfY1d891vwIoyDSri771KkfrrHS0
In Case of Court
Please contact Lady Eleanor Grey or another member of the Free Company of the Stella Maris if Sage is to be called into Court. They would prefer to receive awards without knowing of them beforehand, and to receive awards in person. (Email firstname.lastname@example.org to reach the Free Company)
In the event of a scroll: Sage adores dark natural colors and earth tones, green and brown in particular, with a preference for bronze and gold over silver. They love deer, horses, dragons, and all flora and fauna of the forest. They dislike pink and pastels.