Perronnelle de Croy
Perronnelle de Croy
|Resides: Shire of Quintavia|
|Awards: Order of Precedence|
Per pale or and argent on a chief azure three crosses fleury or, two crows combattant sable.
|Award & Office Badges|
I have played in the SCA since I was young, about 12. Introduced to the society though my childhood friend and her family. I hail from the fair Barony de L'Ile du Dragon Dormant from which I followed my parents to the hot and humid Shire of Sangre Del Sol in the Southern kingdom of Trimaris and from there to the Kingdom of Caid for a very short spell. Eventually I was brought back to the East Kingdom in the North and have settled in the Shire of Quintavia.
Member Since 1992 in the following groups:
- Barony Île du Dragon Dormant, East Kingdom - 1992 to 1994
- Shire of Sea March, Kingdom of Trimaris - 1993 to 1994
- Shire of Sangre Del Sol, Kingdom of Trimaris - 1994 to 1996
- Barony of Gyldenholt, Kingdom of Caid - 1996
- Barony of Smoking Rocks, East Kingdom - 1996 to 2006
- Canton of the Towers, East Kingdom - 2006 to 2007
- Shire of Quintavia, East Kingdom - 2007 to Present
Member of The Known World Players Since 2015
On January 26th, A.S. LIII I was taken as a protogé by Maître Godfroy de Falaise at Birka, in the Barony of Stonemarche.
Perronnelle de Croy was born on St. Betto's feast day in 1042 in the small town of Croixmare, near Rouen. Her father, having journeyed to fight the Byzantines in his youth, now a lord in his own right. Shrewd management made him prosperous and in 1058 Perronnelle was sent to be a companion to Margaret, wife of Ranulf de Briquessart, Vicount du Bessin. In time she came to be married to a knight attached to Bishop Odo of Bayeux. In 1066 the call came from Odo to gather and follow William into the land across the sea. Her husband, a loyal knignt, left his lady and children and went to war.
He has with success and recognition by Bishop of Bayeux himself and granted lands in no less than eight different counties. Two of such holdings:
- Fringford - which lies between Oxford and Buckingham. Roughly ten and a half 'hides' here, which is about 1,260 acres.
- -It is recorded that there are eighteen villagers at Fringford, twelve smallholders, and two mills.
- Wiltshire - part of a larger area known as 'Swinedune', or 'Pig Hill'. The holding here is assessed at five 'hides', which is about 600 acres.
- -There are five villagers, two smallholders with two ploughs, a mill, a meadow and some pasture land.
With her children, Perronnelle, keeps her lords hall and lands in Normandy while he fights alongside Bishop Odo. Somewhat skilled with bow and sword she mostly devotes herself to the arts. Her interests are wide and varied. She has often been found in the kitchen cooking and cleaning while singing strange and inappropriate songs. She can also be found sitting and enjoying such arts as sewing, weaving, or playing her harp.
This gentle has also been known as one of the Bards of Loo.
Offices & Positions
- Webminister - East Kingdom Chirurgeonate (June 2014 - August 2015)
- Chancellor Minor - Shire of Quintavia (July 2014 - August 2018)
- Webminister - Shire of Quintavia (October 2014 - February 2021)
- Website Quality & Usability Deputy - East Kingdom (November 2015 - October 2017)
- Standard Herald - Office of Brigantia Herald (October 2018 - Present)
- Webminister - TRH Ozûrr and Fortune (November 2018 - October 2019)
- Webminister - Office of the Armored Combat Marshal Webminister (February 2019 - Present)
- Script Reading Committee Chair, Known World Players (August 2020 - Present)
- Herault Hibou Blanc (French Liaison) - Office of Brigantia Herald (January 2021 - Present)
- Retainer (multiple events) - Brennan and Caoilfhionn, Edward III and Thyra II, Brennan II and Caoilfhionn II, Kenric III and Avelina III, Brion III and Anna III, Ioannes and Honig, Ivan and Matilde, Brennan III and Caoilfhionn III, Wilhelm and Vienna, Ozurr and Fortune, Margurita de'Siena
- Clean Up Coordinatior, FROSTBITE TOURNEY, Jan. 23, 2010
- Assistant Disability Services Department Head, PENNSIC 39, July 30 – August 15, 2010
- Deputy Autocrat, TOURNEY SCHOLA & FAIRE, May 17th, 2014
- Deputy Autocrat, QUINTAVIA HAFLA, March 7th, 2015
- Autocrat, ST. JEAN BAPTISTE TOURNEY & FEAST, June 20th, 2015
- Lighting Designer, KNOWN WORLD PLAYERS - MERCHANT OF VENICE, Pennsic 44 / 2015
- Herald, EAST KINGDOM CROWN TOURNEY, September 14th, 2015
- Autocrat, QUINTAVIA HAFLA, March 5th, 2016
- Setup Coordinator, CORONATION OF KENRIC & AVELINA, April 9th, 2016
- Coordinator, HERALDIC CHALLENGE, April 9th, 2016
- Drop Dead Autocrat, KING & QUEEN'S EQUESTRIAN CHAMPIONSHIPS, May 15th, 2016
- Lighting Designer, KNOWN WORLD PLAYERS - THE ALCHEMIST, Pennsic 45 / 2016
- Desert Cook, BERGENTAL/BBM YULE, December 3rd, 2016
- Autocrat, QUINTAVIA'S HAFLA, March 5th, 2017
- Autocrat, NOVICE SCHOLA AND BERGENTAL BARONIAL BIRTHDAY, March 11th, 2017
- Desert Cook, PANTERIA XXI, May 27th-30th, 2017
- Herald, KNOWN WORLD ROSES TOURNEY – PENNSIC, August 10th, 2017
- Lighting Designer, KNOWN WORLD PLAYERS - THE MERRY WIVES OF WINDSOR, Pennsic 46 / 2017
- Youth Coordinator, THE BATTLE OF FIVE ARMIES, August 25-27, 2017
- Youth Class Teacher, BIRKA, January 26th - 27th, 2018
- Autocrat, BERGENTAL'S NOVICE SCHOLA, March 24th, 2018
- Setup Coordinator, CORONATION OF BRENNAN III AND CAOILFHIONN III, April 7th, 2018
- Herald, EAST KINGDOM CROWN TOURNAMENT, May 8th, 2018
- Disability Services Head, EAST KINGDOM 50 YEAR CELEBRATION, June 28th - July 1st, 2018
- Assistant Production Manager, KNOWN WORLD PLAYERS - HECTOR OF TROY, Pennsic 47 / 2018
- Site Book Creator, SMOKING ROCKS INVESTITURE AND KING & QUEEN'S RATTAN CHAMPS, June 28th - 30th, 2019
- Production Manager, KNOWN WORLD PLAYERS - FORBIDDEN PENNSIC, Pennsic 48 / 2019
- Herald, KNOWN WORLD ROSES TOURNEY – PENNSIC, August 7th, 2019
Classes & Publications
- Interpretation of History in the SCA for Kids (2014 – Present)
- A class on adapting skills and crafts to be taught to children.
- Webminister Round Table (Last taught Feb. 2016)
- An overview of recent policy changes, WordPress plugins that work, OsTicket use, and Email use.
- Handout Here
- Quintavia’s Book of Games
- A pocket-sized book of games for children.
- Handout Here
- Viking Whipcord Bobbins (Last taught June 2019 - handout in both French and English)
- The construction of bobbins using pre-made wood peices.
- Handout Here
- Youth Stained Glass Project
- A brief history and use of stained glass and two project leves appropriate for children 4-8 and 9+
- Lights, Tools, and Props: Technical Theater at War
- A discussion and show and tell of how the Pennsic Performing Arts Tent works, staff roles, and other considerations.
- Magister Godfroy de Falaise
Brothers and Sisters
- Marguerite de Gui(elevated)
- Mariota of Kildare
- Jean-Oste de Murat
- Eginhard d'Aix la Chapelle
- Kirsa Oyutai
- Hildemar von Regensburg
- Khayra bint Sa'id
1/29/2011 - Awards of Arms (AOA)
3/24/2018 - The Order of the Cup of Saint Brigid Barony of Bergental
9/22/2018 - Silver Crescent
12/8/2018 - Consort's Award of Esteem - Vienna
6/22/2019 - L'Ordre du Pellerin Barony of Havre des Glaces
9/14/2019 - Consort's Award of Esteem - Fortune
6/13/2021 - Consort's Award of Esteem - Alberich
- Artistic interests: Illumination, Weaving, Cooking, Brewing,
- Martial interests:Archery, Fencing