|Resides: Crown Lands|
|Awards: Order of Precedence|
|Award & Office Badges|
Lady Muirgheall O'Riein knew about the Society for years before she was able to actually join. She finally joined in 1992 while living in the Shire of Frosted Hills. She currently resides in the Crown Lands that are located, mundanely, in southwestern Vermont.
Lady Muirgheall is a Scotswoman, married to a Norse-Irishman (THL Padraig O'Riein) and living with him in Brian Boru's Ireland -- he being Irish on his mother's side, and having taken the king's coin. She manages their estate while he travels and fights, and engages in a variety of arts.
With her husband, she co-leads Clan O'Riein. She is also the clan bard for Clan Campbell, of which he is a sept chieftain, and an affiliate of Casa Valdes of Aethelmearc.
She is an apprentice of Mistress Brid nic Shéarlais of the East, and protégée of Count Yehudah ben Yitzhak of Northshield.
If you need or want a hand with something, feel free to tap her on the shoulder.
Offices & Positions
- Northern Region Deputy, East Kingdom University, 2011-present
- Exchecquer, Incipient Shire of Riverstone (now defunct), 1998-2000
- Chatelaine, Shire of Frosted Hills, 1995-1996-ish
Beginning Pysanky File:Pysanky.pdf
I've worked a variety of events, setup/takedown, kitchen, retinue, etc. I don't have the dates.
Projects & Publications
- Seamstress to Queen Alethea: embroidered and beaded a sleeve of her coronation gown. The sleeve measures about 8 feet around. Embroidery was four "strands" of interlace (so eight lines of stitching), with pearls at intervals within them.
- Lviv Pysanka recreation: shortly after a nearly intact pysanka dated to the 15th century was found in Lviv, Ukraine, I reproduced it. The original was likely a duck or goose egg, and appeared to have been dyed in a single dip -- all the color looked to be the same shade. Mine was a chicken egg. No testing has been done to determine the original dye material, so I chose onion skin as a material that would have been widely available. The wax had been laid down in a simple variant of the "Black Sea" pattern. I simmered two cups of onion skin in a cup of water, let it cool, added vinegar, and put it in a jar. Having waxed the shell while I waited, I sank the shell and weighted it down with a smaller jar.
- Seamstress to Kings Hrodir and Yehudah (Northshield): Prior to their trip east for Birka, members of the reign team sent me yardage of the imported Czech silk brocade that had been ordered for their coronation. I turned this into domed hats with fur brims, lined in linen.
- Veil for the elevation of Mistress Eikaternie to the Order of the Pelican: a large blue silk veil with hand-rolled hem, beaded with 2mm freshwater pearls, garnets, and lobed trade silver beads.
Awards and Accolades
- Award of Arms 11/8/1997
- Order of the Friends (Baronial award; Concordia of the Snows)
- Seamstress/Tailor to the Crown, autumn 2008
- Queen's Cypher 4/11/2009
- Silver Brooch 1/29/2017
- Kings' Cypher, Kingdom of Northshield 04/08/2017
- Order of the Sapphire 5/27/2017 (Baronial Award; Concordia of the Snows)
In Case Of Court
- In case of an impending summons before a Court, please contact Lord Padraig O'Riein.
- Formerly known as Muirgheall Macleod, Murigel Camshron