From EastKingdomWiki(Redirected from Mikael McCue)
Mikael relaxing at Mudthaw 2023
|Awards: Order of Precedence
|Award & Office Badges
Formerly known as Mikael McCue.
My first event was a small 12th night event held in Silver Rylle in January 1993. In July of that year, I attended the Caer Adamant business meeting and then attended Pennsic XXII the following month.
I initially went by Kyle until I learned it was not a period name, oops. I then registered the Irish name Mikael McCue (pronounced like mi-kyle mick-queue), and people still called me Kyle which I now spelled as Kael.
Years later, I realized that I didn't do anything Irish nor did I dress in an Irish style, so I changed my name to the Norse Mikael melrakki (pronounced like mi-kale mel-rocky).
You may still hear me get called by all of these names.
I had remained an active member of Caer Adamant until the summer of 2019 at which time I moved north into the Barony of Bhakail.
My persona is kind of loosely based on a craftsperson in a post-Christian influenced Norse land. This is mostly based on my name and interests, the majority of which (sprang, tablet weaving, axe throwing) can all be traced back to this region and time period.
Offices & Positions
*Offices & Marshallates
- EK Pennsic Thrown Weapons Representative: Pennsic TW 2, 2023
- EK Pennsic Thrown Weapons Representative, 2022
- Regional Thrown Weapons Marshal, Southern Region (PA&DE), 2019-
- EK Thrown Weapons Scorekeeper, 2019-
- Silver Mantle Email List Administrator, 2020-
- Regional Exchequer, Southern Region (PA&DE), 2010-2012
- Regional Exchequer, Southern Region, 2007-2008
- Thrown Weapons Marshal, 2010-
- Minister of Lists, Barony of Bhakail, 2020-
- Seneschal, Shire of Caer Adamant, 2011-2012
- Exchequer, Shire of Caer Adamant, 2003-2007
- Seneschal, Shire of Caer Adamant, 2001-2003
- Chronicler, Shire of Caer Adamant, 2001-2002
- Minister of Arts & Sciences, Shire of Caer Adamant, 1998-2001
- Minister of Lists, Shire of Caer Adamant, 1996-1998
- Herald, Shire of Caer Adamant, 1994-1996
*Champions & Honors
- Thrown Weapons Champion, Barony of Bhakail, Sept 2023-
- Thrown Weapons Champion, Barony of Carillion, Oct 2021-Oct 2022
- Golden Axe Holder, June 2021-Sept 2021, July 2022, April 2023-June 20236
- Thrown Weapons Champion, Barony of Bhakail, Sept 2018-Aug 2021
- Thrown Weapons Champion, Barony of Carillion, Oct 2016-Oct 2017
- Queen's Guard, Vienna I
- Created annual Blue Feather Rainbow Fling - an LGBTQ* thrown weapons competition at Pennsic.
- Ran first ever Plumbata Tournament at Pennsic L
- Proposal to Introduce Sling to the East Kingdom Thrown Weapons Program
Way too many to list every event staff position that I have held. Here is a listing of the various event staff positions that I have held. I have done most of these at least 5-10 times, if not more.
- Head Cook - feast
- Head Cook - dayboard
- Head Cook - vigils
- Troll - Caer Adamant events
- Troll - Pennsic volunteer
- Minister of Lists - for local events and assisting at East Kingdom Champion and Crown Tournaments
- Thrown Weapon MIC
- Hundred Minutes War-Rusted Woodlands
- Novice Day-Rusted Woodlands
- Ghosts, Ghouls and Goblins-Carillion
- Southern Region War Camp-Carillion
- Quest-Settmour Swamp
- River Wars-Iron Bog
- Spring Thynge-Caer Adamant
- Swamp Thynge-Caer Adamant
- May-be (I'll Try Something New)-Iron Bog
- Hunter's Picnic-Caer Adamant
- Fimbulwinter-Caer Adamant
- MoL - How to Run a Various Tournaments
- Pennsic Thrown Weapons MIT class
- Online Thrown Weapons MIT classes during Covid Shutdown
- What to Expect Your First Time at a Thrown Weapons Range
- Feastocratting without a Kitchen
- Introduction to Sprang
- Beginner Fingerloop Braiding
- Advanced Sprang Techniques
- Basic Tablet Weaving
- Beginner Kumihimo
- Beginner Thrown Weapons
- Early Period Astronomy Misconceptions
It is my most fervent wish to discover that I am to receive an award during court if at all possible. Receiving a writ during a court to let me know that I will be receiving a peerage at a future court is acceptable. I wish to learn about an award while I am amongst friends and definitely not from reading about it online.
Telling me that I will be getting called into court for an award at a future time should be avoided at all costs. Knowing in advance will cause me severe anxiety as I will be spending the entire time overthinking and worrying about it. In the past, just having suspicions that I would be called into court has caused me mental anguish. Please do not believe that you are doing me a favor by hinting about it or letting me know. I was told once by a well-meaning friend that I was going to be getting called into court to receive an award. I didn't receive it until years later. The person who received the award was someone with a similar name. I was truly devastated and prefer not to go through that experience again. After several bad experiences with learning about awards in advance, it has turned into a truly anxiety creating situation.
Now, having said that, I would prefer a Writ for a Peerage and would prefer having a few months to organize it. The need for planning and crafting will be more important than trying to prevent anxiety.