Maryna at Shire Wars 2018
|Resides: Barony of Bhakail|
|Status: Active, Member|
|Awards: Order of Precedence|
Per saltire azure and argent, a domestic cat passant sable and a bordure purpure.
(Fieldless) A domestic cat couchant sable maintaining a sprig of bilberry proper.
|Award & Office Badges|
Lady Maryna Borowska (mka Blueberry (yes, really)) joined the Society on a whim in May 2018. She resides in the Barony of Bhakail and hangs around with the Black Boot Company.
No persona. The name Maryna is late-period Polish - interests lie generally in Germanic and Slavic regions and taste runs to the late end (13th-16th centuries). Don't let the Viking garb confuse you too much.
Pani Borówka (the Polish word for "blueberry") is a culturally appropriate nickname/cant.
Just about everything!
- Heraldry (voice, silent, book)
- Embroidery - Journeyman in the Keepers of Athena's Thimble
- Archery (target) - warranted Marshal as of October 2019
- Ranked Archer as of September 2019
- Thrown Weapons - warranted Marshal as of August 2019
- Ranked Novice as of Spring 2021
- Service (particularly event/logistics based)
- Scribal Arts (calligraphy, painting, illumination, wordsmithing)
In the future:
- Brewing (mead)
- Music (vocal)
- Jewelry (chain mail, beading)
Offices & Event Staff
- Minister of Arts and Sciences, Bailiwick of Ivyeinrust - 08/2022-present
- Ivy Pursuivant, Bailiwick of Ivyeinrust - 09/2018-08/2022
- Minister of Arts and Sciences, Barony of Bhakail - 04/2019-04/2020
- East Kingdom Signet Deputy Backlog Deputy - 02/2020-present
- Deputy Seneschal, Bailiwick of Ivyeinrust - 02/2020-present
- Shepherd's Crook Herald Southern Region Deputy - 06/2020-present
- Merchant Coordinator, Bhakail Champions and Commons - 08/26/2018
- Head Cook, At the Sign of the Cat and Dragon (Bhakail Tavern Event) - 01/26/2019
- Meeting Space Coordinator, Spring Crown Tournament - 05/04/2019
- Deputy Event Steward, Hunter’s Picnic - 05/25/2019
- Co-Event Steward, Bhakail Champions and Commons - 06/23/2019
- Deputy Event Steward, Bhakail Yule XLI and Baronial Investiture - 12/14/2019
- Event Steward, Bhakail Champions and Commons - 09/18/2022
- for Baron Bhakail Rowen Cloteworthy - 09/2018-12/2018
- for TRM Wilhelm and Vienna - 10/2018–03/2019
- for TRH Margarita and TRM Ozurr and Fortune - SRWC, 06/2019
- for Baron Bhakail Muin maqq Minain - 02/2020-present
- List, EK Novice Day (Gunnar Alfson Memorial Novice Heavy Weapon Tournament) - 07/21/2018
- Baronial Court, Bhakail Yule Revel XL - 12/08/2018
- Royal Court, Mudthaw - 03/30/2019
- Baronial Court, Bhakail Champions and Commons - 06/23/2019
- Royal Court, Bhakail Yule XLI and Baronial Investiture - 12/14/2019
- Royal Court, EK Bardic Championships and Stringy, Scribey, Singy Thingy - 02/22/2020
- List, EK Crown Tournament - 07/17/2021
- Archery Marshal as of 10/2019
- Thrown Weapons Marshal as of 08/2019
Awards and Honors
- Laurel’s Choice, EK Novice Day A&S Display/Competition 07/21/2018
- Flame of Bhakail, Baronial token for service (awarded multiple times for scribing and event staffing)
- Award of Arms, Mudthaw 03/30/2019 from TRM Wilhelm & Vienna
- Order of the Harlequin, Bhakail Champions and Commons 06/23/2019
- Order of the Master of Horse, Bhakail Tavern 01/25/2020
In Case of Court
Surprises are strongly preferred. My partner does not play. Contact Mari Clock van Hoorne if you wish to ensure my friends or partner will be present. I would prefer not to receive awards in Ethereal Court.
I appreciate the hard work of the scribes of the East and will cherish any scrolls I receive, though if you really want to know, my personal taste runs to late period (the busier the better). I love all kinds of animals and flowers.
I do not wear or use leather or other forms of animal skin.
Please use vegetable paper for scrolls and vegan/synthetic leather alternatives for garb or accessories. This is somewhat flexible if the skin can be determined to be ethically sourced (humanely treated and all parts used of the animal) but is a strong general preference. (Wool or other animal products that leave the animal alive are fine.)
I also have a sensory aversion to unfinished or "raw" wood.
Food: I do not eat beef. I am also very sensitive to many spices. In general, vegetarian or poultry-based options are preferred.
Drink: The sweeter the better!