Lydia Katerin of Brus
Lydia demonstrates making yarn using a drop spindle.
|Resides: Riding of Ravensbridge|
|Awards: Order of Precedence|
Per chevron purpure and argent, a raven displayed sable and in chief a weaver’s shuttle argent (waiting for approval)
|Award & Office Badges|
Words to live by
Personal Motto : Habeo instrumentum pro quo
Family Motto : Saltem unum plus
Lydia primarily plays as a 10th c shepherdess from the Cheviot Highlands of Scotland. Her partner's persona of a 9th c Continental Northman gives a wonderful excuse to incorporate other regions for fun. Lydia has dabbled in 14th c Persian garb and cooking, 13th c French, and 8th c Saxon.
She goes by Lydia as a pet name related to the Biblical "Seller of purple"(Acts 16) and her passions in fiber arts and the creation of beautiful colors on all types of material using both ancient and modern techniques. Weaving fabric is her absolute favorite and she eagerly shares any of her skills with anybody is interested.
After spending 10 years in Atlantia, Lydia has moved to the middle of Maine and found her true home in the SCA. She was introduced to the SCA via Pennsic 42 and fell in love. For the next 8 Pennsic Wars, she served as Land Agent for the Aerie of the Silver Gryphon and part of the household leadership. In this role her favorite part was serving family dinners to her household. Due to a move in her personal life, she has jumped in with both feet to her new local group and once again fell in love. Malagentia has been an incredibly welcoming group and it has been easy to find ways to participate. Lydia has found great freedom and fun with the Forest Court of Malagentia and is working with a devoted group to revitalize the Malagentia Cook's Guild.
Lydia also takes great joy in the study and relationship between languages and communication, and has established a role with the Silent Heralds to provide access to those in our community that use ASL.
AKA Lydia Webbe (in process of registering with new heraldry) AKA Katerin of Brus (registered with College of Heralds, never used) AKA Lydia Dyer
Offices & Positions
- TriForce Leadership Team/Camp Mom/Land Agent, Aerie of the Silver Gryphon, Baltimore, MD 03/2014 to 09/2023
- Malagentia Cook's Guild- Organizer alongside Octavia Valeria and Meara MacNeil- 5/2023 to present
- Silent Herald- September 2023 to Present
- Silent Herald, Coronation of Matthias and Æsa Feilinn, 2023
- Day Board Lead, Harvest Moon 2023
- Instructor, Indigo Demo and Open Dyepot, GNE 35, 2023
- Gate Volunteer, GNE 35
- Belt Favor artist and coordinator, Portland Pride 2023
- Gate Coordinator, Malagentia Test Kitchen 2023
- Instructor, Sprang Bracelet, Spring's Inspirations 2023
- Instructor, Intro to Drop Spinning, Spring's Inspirations 2023
- Communication Facilitator: Pennsic IL (2022) (classes requested by consumer)
- GNE 34 A&S Petting Zoo Artisan, Malagentia, 2022
Projects & Publications
- Ongoing research and projects can be found at https://lydiawebbe.blogspot.com/
- Bloodfeud in the Danelaw Laurel's Challenge project submission
- Laurel Regalia Foundation Layer for Tiffan Fairamay collaboration with Octavia Valeria and Amalie von Hohensee
- Vigil Wrap for Tiffan Fairamay created with Meara MacNeil
- Pride Belt Favors for Malagentia Portland Pride
- Broken Twill Brat with fermented lichen dye
- Crown A&S Display 2023 Handfasting Garb
- Step Outside A&S Regional Submission: handfasting garb 3/22-5/22 Handfasting Garb
In Case of Court
The recipe for my most requested contribution to vigil food can be found here: Lydia of the Pomegranate Meatball