|Resides: Crown Lands, Central Region|
|Awards: Order of Precedence|
Per pale embattled sable and argent, a lion Or and a unicorn gules combattant.
|Award & Office Badges|
Signore Lorenz Greylever
Lorenz Greylever is an English born gentleman during the reign of Edward IV (York), starting in 1472 AD. His mother, Jacqueline Danielle Greylever was English, born to English and French parents, while his father, "supposedly" named Lorenz, was a Venetian sailor that dealt in Spices who lavishly doted upon his mother, against the will of her Protestant parents.
Triplets were born from that union, Gustav, Timothy and Lorenz. It was a tumultuous time in the Greylever household, the scandal sent their mother into seclusion where she turned to her book and deeper into drink.
Lorenz Greylever grew up during a very busy time in the history of England. The time of the Wars of the Roses, as it has been called, was a series of civil wars between two competing dynasties, the House of York and the Lancastrian Family. The wars ended in 1485 when Henry Tudor won the battle of Bosworth over Richard III and gained the throne of England. Henry Tudor was crowned Henry VII on 30 October 1485 beginning a new dynasty. Then, in January 1486 he married Elizabeth of York, daughter of Edward IV, uniting the dynasties of York and Lancaster.
However the Yorkists were unwilling to accept the situation. In 1487 they attempted a rebellion. They claimed that a man named Lambert Simnel was Earl of Warwick and tried to put him on the throne. The Yorkists gathered an army in Ireland and landed in Cumbria. At that time Lorenz, the boy of 15 years, was sent from the modest livelihood he was accustomed to at the Library in the town of Guildford near London and began his travels of the world.
While Lorenz was travelling outside of England, the Yorkists were crushed at the battle of Stoke on 16 June 1487. Simnel was captured. Henry VII could have executed him but instead he made Simnel a menial servant in the royal kitchens.
Henry VII invaded France in 1492 but the French were preoccupied elsewhere and they quickly made peace. By a treaty of November 1492 they agreed to pay the English money and the French king agreed not to support any pretenders to the English throne.
Unlike his brothers, Lorenz enjoyed his studies and yearned to learn more of the world. Gustav was the warrior of the family, and joined the English Navy, while Timothy found himself on the other side of the law more often than not. Lorenz visited Italy, and learned a bit about his wayward father's life, though he never saw him while he was there.
Lorenz heard of his brother Gustav's exploits, being part of the navy battles between the English, the Spanish and the French.
[Story in the works]
Offices & Positions
- Captain of Archers/Archery Marshal, Shire of Nordenhalle, 06/15/1986 to 07/30/1990
- President of Student Coalition for Universal Medievalism (S.C.U.M.), SUNY New Paltz College, 08/30/1995 to 07/01/1996
- President of Corbalis (Formerly S.C.U.M.), SUNY New Paltz College, 08/30/1996 to 07/01/1997
- Seneschal, Shire of Coill Tuar, 01/01/2012 to 12/31/2015
- East Kingdom Webminister-At-Large Coordinator 01/01/2013 to 06/28/2014
- Standard Herald 01/01/2013 to 06/28/2014
- Deputy East Kingdom Systems Admin 01/01/2013 to 06/28/2014
- East Kingdom Webminister 06/28/2014 to 08/04/2017
- Chatelaine, Shire of Coill Tuar, 01/01/2016 to 12/31/2017
- Central Region Deputy Youth Marshal 01/01/2018 to Present
- Chancellor Minor at Large 03/01/2014 to Present
- Youth Marshal at Large, 06/01/2017 to Present
- Waterbearer @ Pennsic XIII - XXII (1984 - 1993)
- Waterbearer Point Commander @ Pennsic XX - XXII (1991 - 1993)
- Archery Marshal, <event name>, 06/22/1991
- Head Server, Mangia Borgia, 04/16/1994
- Head Server, Mangia Borgia II, 11/11/1995
- Autocrat, Novice Schola: Strings and Things, 10/15/2011
- Autocrat, 4th Annual Yule Feast (and Demo) 12/10/2011
- Assistant, Battle of the Fiery Beast II: Attack of the Lilliputians 07/07/2012
- Reservation Steward, The 'Yet Unnamed' Masqued Ball, 10/20/2012
- Reservation Steward, 5th Annual Yule Feast 12/08/2012
- Assistant, Battle of the Fiery Beast III: The Fall of Lilliput 09/14/2013
- Reservation Steward, 6th Annual Yule Feast 01/14/2014
- Assistant, At the Sign of the Dancing Fox XVI 02/08/2014
- (I have forgotten more than what is listed here, as I was Kitchen Help / Server Munchkin for numerous events from 1984 to 1990, and then Event Grunt from 1991 to 2000 doing setup/cleanup and sundry chores as needed.)
Projects & Publications
- Shire of Coill Tuar Website, http://coilltuar.eastkingdom.org 2011 to Present
- East Kingdom Chirurgeonate Website, http://chirurgeon.eastkingdom.org 2012 to 2014
- East Kingdom Accessibility Porter Website, http://accessibility.eastkingdom.org 2013 to 2014
- East Kingdom Blue Tyger Herald website http://ech.eastkingdom.org 2013 to 2014
- East Kingdom Heraldry website http://www.eastkingdom.org/heraldry/ 2013 to 2014
- SCA Memorial Website, http://scamemorial.org 2012 to Present
- March 2011 Edition of The Collected Tales Newsletter
- Coill Tuar By Laws January 2012 to 2016
In Case of Court
- Please send a missive via electronic page or messenger to be etherially present.
- Please contact Lady Rebecca Greylever, Lady Æsa Sturludottir, Lady Zillah al-Sighira al-Hurra, Lady Siobhan O'Gairbhith, Lord Garith Greylever, and/or Mistress Alayne Alexandra Nyvern Nightwatcher