would prefer no photos published online, thank you
|Resides: Bailiwick of Ivyeinrust|
|Awards: Order of Precedence|
Or, a spider vert between three triangles inverted sable.
badge: Fieldless, a triangle inverted sable.
|Award & Office Badges|
Livia Petralia first joined the SCA through the Shire of Hammerhold in the Kingdom of Meridies (now Gleann Abhann) in the 1998-99 school year. After a few more years inactive, Livia became active in the Bailiwick of Ivyeinrust in 2002.
A dilettante and a hedonist, Livia's primary pursuits are bookbinding and cooking. She strongly believes that the SCA is a hobby to be enjoyed with no reason for anyone to ever be told that they aren't good enough at what they do to play this game.
- Flame of Bhakail, for working on an event??, 9 December 2017
- Silver Crescent, East Kingdom service award, 13 February 2016
- Maunche, East Kingdom A&S award, ancient Roman food, 13 September 2014
- Salamander, Bhakail's Service award, December 2012
- Baronial Brewing Champion, Barony of Bhakail, December 2011 to December 2012
- Award of Arms, 24 February 2007
- Chatelaine, Bailiwick of Ivyeinrust, 5/2019 to present
- Exchequer, Bailiwick of Ivyeinrust, 1/2017 to present
- Seneschal, Bailiwick of Ivyeinrust, 10/2013 to 1/2017
- Deputy Seneschal, Bailiwick of Ivyeinrust, 1/2013 to 10/2013
- Minister of Arts and Sciences, Bailiwick of Ivyeinrust, c.10/2009 to 9/2013
Guilds & Households
- East Kingdom Stationers Guild
- Blood Moon Clan
- dayboard Bhakail Yule - sixteenth century German, 9 December 2017
- contributer (bean soup for Saturday feast), River Wars, 25-27 September 2015
- Cook (Friday dinner, Saturday dayboard, Saturday dinner), Find Hungry Samurai, 5-7 June 2015
- dayboard cook, Noisemakers IX, 12 April 2014
- On-site instructor coordinator, Noisemakers VIII, 9 March 2013
Projects & Publications
- Vigil book for Máistir Mael Eoin mac Echuid's elevation to pelican, Schola in the Shire, 13 February 2016
- Vigil book for Elizabeth Underhill's elevation to laurel King's and Queen's Arts and Sciences Championship, February 2016
- feast menus (traditional Japanese stab sewing), Find Hungry Samurai, 5-7 June 2015
- gift book for Dame Brunissende Dragonette in thanks for stewarding ten years of Noisemakers events, awarded after Noisemakers X, 18 April 2015
- Vigil book for Baroness Philadelphia Brown's elevation to pelican, River War, 13 September 2014
- taught class on Improvisational Redacting of Apicius, EKU Collegium: A Day in the Guild Hall, 25 August 2012
Livia has run lunch socials, an informal Latin translating circle, occasional cooking workshops, and even more occasional bookbinding classes, within the Bailiwick of Ivyeinrust.
Livia owns a copy of Szirmai's Archaeology of Medieval Bookbinding and will allow others to consult it by appointment
Bookbinding equipment (available for use by appointment) includes
- large heavy-duty papercutter
- book press
- leather paring knives and lithograph stone fragment (for paring surface)
- handheld wood planes
- period-appropriate glues and pastes
- "De re coquinaria" Apicius (multiple translations and in Latin)
In Case of Court
I would rather not be surprised. I prefer to be able to plan more photogenic clothing and shoes that don't have holes in the soles. Maybe I'd even remember to take my medallions to the event.
I support the inclusion and welcoming of participants of all genders, races, ethnicities, sexual orientations, educational backgrounds, and levels of ability. I do not support white supremacy either among members nor in the erasure of people of color from history.