Lilie Dubh inghean uí Mórdha
Lilie Dubh inghean uí Mórdha, a fine 14th century lady.
|Resides: [Crown Province of Ostgardr]|
|Awards: Order of Precedence|
Azure, six owls and a chief argent.
|Award & Office Badges|
Lilie Dubh started in the SCA in 1994, thanks to a chance meeting on an old BBS. Initially interested in the bardic arts, she got sidelined by service, becoming her local group's chronicler (1995-1997) and then taking up a deputy chatelaine position (1997-1998), and finally becoming her group's chatelaine (1998-2012) and a deputy for the kingdom's southern region (2009-2012). She has been a bardic performer, engaging audiences with stories and poems. These days she can be found with the College of Heralds, serving as the clerk to the sovereigns as Ragged Staff Herald
She is apprentige'd to Mistress Alys Mackyntoich.
Lilie Dubh is an Irishwoman from near Armagh who went on pilgrimage to atone for the death of her husband (and to get to travel!). She was able to go to St. Bridgid's Well, Croagh Patrick, Canterbury, Santiago de Compostella and Jerusalem before turning to go back to Europe. She ran out of money in Cologne, and met a kind gentleman who became her second husband. Together, they now run an inn for students at the new University. She can be found of an evening, regaling students around the hearth, with stories of her pilgrimages.
Offices & Positions
- Chronicler, Canton of Whyt Whey - 1997-1998
- Chatelaine for Ostgardr - 1998 - 2012
- Kingdom Chatelaine Southern Region Deputy - 2009-2012
- A&S and Bardic Champion of Ostgardr - 2011-2013
- Pantheon Herald - 2017-2020
- Ragged Staff Herald - 2020 -
- Gatekeeper, Whyt Whey Schola, 1996
- Gatekeeper, Celtic Silliness, 1997
- Co-Autocrat, Agincourt Memorial Tournament, 1998
- Autocrat, Agincourt Memorial Tournament, 2003
- Autocrat, Agincourt Memorial Tournament, 2005
- Gatekeeper, Barleycorn: A New Beginning, 2006
- Co-Gatekeeper, Coronation of Konrad and Brenwen, 4/12/2007
- Artistic Director, Day of the Decameron, 2019