Liadan Ingen Chineada
Preparing to lead Master Thomas's MoD elevation
|Resides: Shire of Quintavia|
|Awards: Order of Precedence|
Per bend purpure and sable, an owl argent maintaining in its dexter talon a sword within a bordure Or
|Award & Office Badges|
[She/ Her] My first SCA event was Pennsic 36. I dabbled a bit, trying to find where my niche was, but never really delved into Society. Fencing is what ended up drawing me in for good in 2014, rather than just lingering on the edges. But, it turns out that if you start stabbing people, they'll teach you how to embroider too.
You can usually find me on the fencing field, being a shouty voice herald, dabbling in arts, or causing well-intentioned shenanigans.
- Provost to Maestra Anastasia da Monte
Pronunciation: [LEE-a-den IN-yen kin-AH-dah] - 9th Century
Liadan is the eldest of 7 children, daughter to merchants. When her father passed in her late teens, she took up his mantle and worked to support her mother and continue the business.
She somehow studied fencing in 9th century Scotland because she is also a wizard.
I have so many interests, and love hearing about the things people are working on. However, the ones dear to my heart are:
- Owls, Fencing, Voice Heraldry, Sewing, Scribal, Teaching, and Shenanigans
- I like all things Celt, Viking and Saxon.
- Also, while it is outside my persona, I really enjoy Middle Eastern art.
- Journeyman of the Keepers of Athena's Thimble. Has reached Competence level in Free Embroidery, Counted Cross, Blackwork and Lacis
- You can find my scribal work on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/facedoesart/
Current Offices & Positions
- Eastern Crown Herald (Vox), Brennan IV and Caoilfhionn IV
- Minister of Lists, Shire of Quintavia (02/2022-present)
- Deputy Exchequer, Shire of Quintavia (01/2021-present)
- Voice Herald, at large (2015-present)
- Fencing Marshal, at large (2014-present)
Prior Offices & Positions
- Eastern Crown Herald (Vox), Brennan III and Caoilfhionn III
- Heraldic Staff, Kenric III and Avelina III
- Deputy Exchequer, Barony of Bergental (12/2015-10/2016)
- Heraldic Staff, Brennan II and Caoilfhionn II
- Baronial Marshal of Fence, Barony of Bergental (05/2015-02/2017)
- Queen's Guard, Thyra II
- Keeper of the Chalice, Quintavia Yule 2022
- Order of the Silver Brooch - Ozurr and Fortune 2019
- Court Barony - Brennan III and Caoilfhionn III 2018
- King's Cypher - Brennan III 2018
- Queen's Cypher - Caoilfhionn III 2018
- Order of the Silver Rapier - Ioannes and Honig 2017
- Order of the Silver Wheel - Brion III and Anna III 2016
- Order of the Cup of St Brigid (Bergental Service Award) - Rob and Emma 2016
- Queen's Order of Courtesy - Caoilfhionn II 2016
- Order of the Sable Bear (Bergental Martial Award) - Rob and Emma 2016
- Award of Arms - Edward III and Thyra II 2015
- The Handsome Boys
- Clan Kerr
- Any specific questions on awards should be directed to my Maestra.
- It is near impossible to surprise me, so keeping secret the fact that I will be called into court is not necessary. Please just let me know that I will be called in, because then I can look presentable.
- I prefer a Writ.
- I am High Risk for Covid. If I am to be called into court, I prefer any order to keep their distance from me unless they are masked.