Johannes filius Nicholai
At BBM/Bergental Yule 2018
|Resides: Barony of Bergental|
|Awards: Order of Precedence|
|Award & Office Badges|
Welcome, I am Lord Johannes filius Nicholai, current Baron of Bergental. I joined the SCA later in life at the age of 41 (2007) when I went to a demo at the local museum. I have now been active in the SCA for a little over 12 years now.
I like to dabble in many things. I participate in heavy armoured combat, I research and create all my own outfits as well. I recently purchased a bow and I am starting to do archery as well. Future endeavors will include wood working as well as brewing. I was originally squired to Sir Geoffery Fitzgalen but we went our own ways several years ago. I then squired to Sir Cedric of Amorica but dropped my belt in the fall of 2018 when I was invested as the Baron of Bergental.
Johannes is the 4th son of a landed baron in Essex county England. He was born in 1221 and it is now 1274 He has returned to England with Edward the first from the 8th/ 9th crusades when Edward returned to assume the throne when his father died.
He considers himself a crusader and would have joined an order but his father could not afford the fee, so he went as a secular crusader under Edward.
Offices & Positions
- Barony of Bergental Rattan Champion 2009-2010 (AS 43)
- Youth Rattan Marshal 2009-2010
- Senior Youth Marshal 2010-2017
- Former Barony of Bergental Knight Marshal 2015-2018
- Rattan Marshal 2014-Current
- Line Sargent - Snowberg 2017-Current
- Baron of Bergental 2018-Current
- Merchant Coordinator Barony of Bergental Novice Schola March 14th, 2015
- Co-Autocrat Barony of Begental Novice Schola March 5th, 2016