Islah bint Abbas ibn Habib ibn Hasan
|Resides: Canton of Keep by the Endless Sea in the Barony of Carillion|
|Awards: Order of Precedence|
Azure, an elephant statant proper maintaining a tower on its back argent and in chief a crescent pendant Or.
Azure, a leaf within an orle of roundels argent.
|Award & Office Badges|
Hanim Islah bint Abbas ibn Habib ibn Hasan, OP attended her first event, Quest, in 2000. After a few more events and Pennsic 33, she became active in the SCA with the Canton of the Keep by the Endless Sea in the Barony of Carillion in 2004 as Luned Gwyn, her retired persona. She has served as Canton Exchequer, Baronial Seneschal twice, Southern Region deputy Seneschal of NJ, Editor of the EK Gazette for NJ, and most noteably as Baroness of Carillion. At events, she is frequently found in the kitchen or at the troll table. Islah enjoys researching historical clothing and has made an extensive list of garb for gentles from newcomers to royals. She is a member of the household Erlendsstaðir and is currently mentoring her Protégé Dróttin Randver Kveld-Ulfr.
Islah bint Abbas ibn Habib ibn Hasan
إصلاح بنت عباس ابن حبيب ابن حسن
Meaning: To make better
10th Century Seljuk/Seljuq Turkish.
- The title, Hanim, is the Turkish equivalent of Mistress.
Luned Gwyn "Lunaria"
12th century Welsh born Romnichal "British Traveler".
- Baron Cosmo's Favor: Order of the Lady of the Fish (Carillion), August 2009
- Baron Cosmo's Favor: Recipient of the Cement Shoe (Carillion), October 2009
- Woman's Arm Wrestling Champion, Bellringers 2019
- Honorable Title of Wiki Witch bestowed by Their Excellencies Carillion, Máirghréad and Tysha at GGG 2019.
- Woman's Arm Wrestling Champion, Bellringers 2020
- Woman's Arm Wrestling Champion, Bellringers 2022
- Member of House Erlendsstaðir
- Married to Kennari Hrafn Breiðskeggr
- Former Protégé to Master Phillip Reed
- Dróttin Randver Kveld-Ulfr
Offices & Positions
- Exchequer, Canton of Keep by the Endless Sea, Nov 2006 - June 2008
- Seneschal, Barony of Carillion, June 2008 - Sept 2010
- Deputy Seneschal, Southern Region, Nov 2010 - Jan 2015
- 7th Baroness of Carillion, Jan 2015 - June 2019
- Editor, East Kingdom Gazette, Oct 2017 - Feb 2020
- Seneschal, Barony of Carillion, June 2019 - June 2022
- Kitchen Staff:
- Bellringers '09,'10,'11,'13,'14
- Ghosts, Ghouls, & Goblins '09,'10,'12,'14
- Bhakail's Yule, Dec 2011
- SR War Camp '13,'14
- Pennsic, Queen's Tea 2013, State Dinner 2014
- 100 Minutes War, Nov 2015
- Head Server:
- Ghosts, Ghouls, & Goblins '09
- Runnymede Dinner, Pennsic XLI, Aug 2012
- Southern Region War Camp '13
- Gate Steward & Reservations Clerk:
- Ghosts, Ghouls, & Goblins, '11,'13,'19,'21,'22
- Coronation of Gregor IV and Kiena II, April 2013
- Southern Region War Camp '22
- Mistress of the Hall, Coronation, Oct 2011
- Co-Event Steward, K&Q Bardic Champions/12th Night/Bellringers (RP), Jan 2012
- Event Steward, Icefalcon's Ducal Challenge, April 2012
- Co-Feast Steward, Coronation of Brennan and Caoilfhionn, April 2014
- Security & Parking Staff and Troll Volunteer, EK 50, June/July 2018
- Decor for State Dinner, Pennsic 2018
- Pennsic Volunteer:
- DART (4yrs)
- Disability Services (2yrs)
- Troll (2yrs)
- Watch Cart Patrol (10yrs+)
- Watch Desk Clerk (1yr)
- Watch Radio (5yrs)
- Deputy, Disability Services, Pennsic 38
- Deputy, Middle Eastern, Pennsic 41
- Department Head, Middle Eastern, Pennsic 42,43,44
- Point Commander, Watch, Pennsic 43,44,46,47,49
- Department Head, Volunteer Point, Pennsic 45,46
- Staff, Tech Services, Pennsic 45,46,47,49
- D.O.D., Watch, Pennsic 46,47,49
- Deputy XO, Pennsic Watch, Pennsic 46
- Co-Deputy Mayor, Information Services, Pennsic 48
- Department Head, Paint, Pennsic 50
- Her Highness Honig, Winter 2016
- Her Majesty Honig, Summer Reign 2017
- 2009: Saxon Tunic
- 2010: Dress for Her Excellency & Arab outfit.
- 2011: Several Arab outfits
- 2012: Mongolian coat & undershirt
- 2014: Tunics, dresses, & surcoats. 2 Tunics for Investiture.
- 2015: Several Arab outfits and several Norse outfits. Several Indian Salwar sets for 2 children & Queen Elizabeth dress for child. Arab coat.
- 2016: Fighting tunic & pants for Fall Crown. Rus pants for Brennan & Caoilfhionn's Ducal Challenge. Carpathia Tabard. 2 dresses, chemise, & 2 matching bags for gentles first event. Saxon tunic and 2 Arab coats with undershirt.
- 2017: Carpathia Tabard. 3 Leines & 3 brats. "Combat" Leine. Linen Gambeson. 2 tunicas & Egyptian dress for Coronation. Doublet for Spring Crown. Overdress for Elevation. Norse dress, apron, and coat for Elevation. Turkish outfits for TRM. 4 Norse Tunics, 3 T tunics, 1 Leine, 6 outfits & 2 coats for children, and Turkish outfit for Pennsic.
- 2018: 2 Rus pants & undertunic for TRM, 2 Carpathia Tabards. Gambeson. 2 Hospitaler Tunics, 4 Carpathia Favors, Turkish Fencing Coat for Pennsic. TRM Turkish Garb for State Dinner. 3 House Carpathia Tunics, 3 undertunics, & cotehardie for Coronation.
- 2019: Party Colored Cotehardie, Hood, & Undershirt. Norse Tunic. 3 Tunics and hood.
- 2021: Norse coat and hood for elevation. Carpathia cloak.
Projects & Classes
- Illuminated miniatures for Pennsic largess, 2008
- Applique & Embroidered Baronial Champions Baldrics, 10/2016
- Painted Officer medallions for Baronial Officers, 2/2019
- Baronial Officer favors, 1/2016
- Painted Heraldic banners for carillion camp, 7/2016 & 6/2018
- Digitally recreation of the royal's of the known world personal arms for the Royal Gifts for State Dinner, July 2018
- Upholstering Middle Eastern Benches for State Dinner, Pennsic 2018
- Sewing Royal Gifts for State Dinner, Pennsic 2018
- Class: Middle Eastern Clothing for Pennsic, Barony of Bhakail, 3/2013
In Case of Court
- Please contact my husband, Kennari Hrafn Breiðskeggr.
- Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
- Preferred Title: Hanim or Baroness
- Please No Christian symbolism or Saint's Days.
- Ethereal Court: No