Griet Wever van Orange
See Template_talk:Populace for full suggested contents.
|Resides: Riding of RavensBridge|
|Awards: Order of Precedence|
Vert, a winged dog couchant wings addorsed and on a chief argent three weaving tablets vert
|Award & Office Badges|
Lady Griet attended her first SCA event in Trimaris (A.S. XXXI) after overhearing "You mean the King and Queen are actually going to make it?!" while on an extended vacation. That piqued her interest and opened her to a vibrant old world.
Years later when brought to Great Northeastern War (A.S. XXXIV) by a group of dear friends did she really fall in love with the SCA and medieval history as a whole, but she didn't dive in fully for a number of years.
Dabbling turned into so much more when the Riding of Ravensbridge started developing into a closer place to play. Since then the hobby took over and became a major part of her life.
- Apprentice to Anne Meckil von Salm
- Member of House Knotty Snake 2010-Present
- Bronze member of Rolling Thunder household Hus Havlar 2017-Present
- Creator and head of House Purple Sheep, AKA The Basket Cases 2018-present
- Member of the Worshipful Company of Narrowworkers
Offices & Positions
- Chronicler, Riding of RavensBridge, Malagentia, East Kingdom, 9/16/14 - 11/16/17
- Deputy Exchequer, Riding of RavensBridge 11/16/17 - 1/17/19
- Exchequer, Riding of RavensBridge, 1/17/19 - 11/20/20
- Quartermaster, Riding of RavensBridge, 7/16/21 -
Event Staff & Demos
- Huggin & Munnin A&S Display & Competition Coordinator 2016 & 2018
- Fort Knox Demo 2014-18
- Machias Demo 2017
- Great Falls Balloon Demo 2016 & 2018
- Ravensbridge Yule A&S Display & Competition Coordinator 2018
- Great Northeastern War 33 - Merchant Coordinator
- Great Northeastern War 34 - A&S Class Coordinator and Display & Competition Deputy (?)
Classes & Projects
- Basic Tablet Weaving, Panteria, 2016
- Bring Out Your Looms!, Great Northeastern War 7/9/16
- History of Tablet Weaving, Barony of Endewearde Schola 5/13/17
- History of Tablet Weaving (revised), The Hunt (Endewearde) 10/7/18
- History of Tablet Weaving, Autumn Inspirations 10/20/18
- Double-Faced Tablet Weaving, Ravensbridge A&S 12/22/18
- History of Tablet Weaving, Great Northeastern War 30-32
- Narroworker's Guild Meeting, Great Northeastern War 31-33
- Singles and Online, The Great Plague AS54 -
- Bring Out Your Looms!, GNEW 34
- Single-Color Twist-Twined Tablet Weaving, GNEW 34
- Bring Out Your Looms!, Pennsic 49
- Single-Color Twist-Twined Tablet Weaving, Pennsic 49
- Single Color Spinning/Weaving with Ysenda Cleland 2016
- Spin, Dye, and Weave - Oseberg tablet woven band with Lijsbet van Catwiic and Ysenda Cleland 2017
- Various Ways of Spinning - wool/silk blend spinning project with Ysenda Cleland 2021
- Weaving Modern Silk Versus Spun Silk Hankies with Ysenda Cleland 2022
- Weaving With Texture - Keeping this one hush-hush so I can shock and impress when it comes out. 2022-?
Interests and pursuits include:
- Narrow Work - Inkle, Sprang, Kumi, Fingerloop, iCord, but especially Tablet Weaving and learning ALL the techniques. Focusing on monochromatic twist-twined, double-face, 3/1 twill, velvet, and brocade techniques.
- Knitting - Mickel inspired me to retry knitting after 30+ years and I love it. Everything turns into a hat, so I'm working on medieval hats!
- Spinning - I'm trying each and every fiber I can get my hands on. So far - wool, alpaca, flax, nettle, hemp, bamboo, carbonized bamboo, banana, kapok, corn, dog, and human. You name it or hand it to me, I will try to spin it!