Emeline la Chauciere
My husband Phelippe le Vigneron and I receiving our Awards of Arms
|Resides: Settmour Swamp|
|Awards: Order of Precedence|
Per pale azure and gules, in saltire four bouquets of rosemary conjoined at the base argent
|Award & Office Badges|
I discovered the SCA many years ago as a mundane theatrical costume and set designer working on a period production of Hamlet. I needed period clothing patterns from which to drape the costumes, and I was informed that someone in the SCA could point me in the right direction. They did and my interest was piqued! It wasn't until almost ten years later that I followed up and attended my first event-- an Artisans Row event in the Shire of Hartshorn-dale in the Spring of 2016. My husband, Phelippe le Vigneron, and I have been in love with The Dream ever since.
Emeline la Chauciere (mka Bethanie Watson) lives with her husband Phelippe le Vigneron on their 14th century estate outside of Chinon where they grow grapes for wine in the gentle hills of western France.
Areas of Interest
I am always happy to develop my talent as a scribe by furthering my calligraphy and illumination skills on scribal assignments. I also enjoy archery, embroidery, weaving, naalbinding, gardening, and am studying herbalism. I grow a variety of period roses. Mundanely, I am a professor of technical theatre so I have a strong interest in historical theatrical techniques and costume and scenic design. Lately, a good deal of my time is devoted to garb making for myself and others.
Awards and Offices
- Settmour Swamp Baronial A&S Champion (awarded at Quest 2023)
- A&S Populace Choice Winner at Mudthaw 2023
- Order of the Silver Brooch (East Kingdom Ethereal Court September 2020)
- Order of the Silver Crescent (February 2020 - Queen's and Crown Bardic Championship)
- Queen's Order of Courtesy (September 2018 - Ducal Challenge)
- Chamberlain of the Barony of Settmour Swamp (May 2023- present)
- Chatelaine of the Barony of Settmour Swamp (July 2018 - 2021)
- Deputy Chatelaine of the Barony of Settmour Swamp
- Golden Lyre
- Member of Athena's Thimble
- Order of the Ivory Tower, Settmour Swamp's Arts and Sciences Award (Pennsic XLVII)
- Order of the Bronze Tower, Settmour Swamp's Service Award (Pennsic XLVIII)
- In Case of Court: I am happy to be surprised but would like for my husband Phelippe le Vigneron to be present. I would also want my Laurel, Vivian de Dunbar to be contacted. They are good contacts to ensure that I will be at an event or if any information is needed. I am also happy to receive awards virtually through ethereal court as needed.
- Please check out our blog at EmelineAndPhelippeSCAblog.com
- Preferred Pronouns: She/Her