EKWiki Getting Started
This article is meant as a way to get you, the inexperienced EKWiki user to have a persona page that is informative and readable. This is not meant to be a definitive guide on the WikiMedia platform.
- A Wiki is a quick to edit Online Information repository
- The most famous of the Wikis is Wikipedia
- Wiki’s are made to be quick to edit, but can support very complex formatting and layouts if necessary
The East Kingdom Wiki
- The East Kingdom Wiki in particular is for SCA participants withing the East Kingdom to post information about their personas, households, etc.
- The EK Wiki Main URL is https://wiki.eastkingdom.org/index.php?title=Main_Page
- Some Examples of EK Wiki Pages
Accessing your EK Wiki
- If you have not already done so, please follow the account request procedure.
- Go to any EK Wiki Page and click "Log In" in the upper right hand corner
- Enter the username and password you chose as part of the account request process.
- Click on your account name in the center right
- You should now be at your initial persona page. This is the starting point of your profile!
- The default view on most Wiki pages is the Article: Read view.
- This is shows the article in the format that anyone visiting the page would see
- The next tab is either the View Source (if you don't have permission to edit or are not logged in) or the Edit Tab
- This tab allows you to view the Wiki Code of any page. This is very powerful as it allows for fast copy & paste from articles that might features or content that you might want to re-use
- Please avoid editing other member's Persona pages without their permission.
- The third commonly used tab is the "View History" Tab
- This tab lets you view/link previous versions of a Wiki Article
The Populace Template
- Most profiles will be created with a link to Template talk:Populace , which contains suggestions an a lot of copy able code to get you started
- It covers a lot of the Persona Categories as well as linking to the Awards & Offices Template articles