Lady Deirdre and her son watching court
|Resides: Barony of Carolingia|
|Awards: Order of Precedence|
Azure, on a lozenge argent an acorn azure.
|Award & Office Badges|
Lady Deirdre Grenewode (formerly of MITGaard), has been active in the SCA since February A.S. XXXVI as part of the Barony of Carolingia. Raised on stories of the early days from her mother, Tabitha of Wyndmoore, one of the Carolingian founders; Deirdre didn't actually go to her first event until college. Her main pursuits are thrown weapons, sewing and service. Uses she/her pronouns both in the SCA and modern life.
Deirdre is protégée to Mistress Margreta Gyllensteirna.
Lady Deirdre Grenewode is a 15th century English woman.
Offices & Positions
- Provost and founding member of the Borough of Greenwood Isle(now defunct) at Simmons College 12/2002 to 05/2005
- Warranted Thrown Weapons marshal 8/2015-present
- Seneschal of the Canton of Aschehyrst 9/12/2018-9/2019 (Canton became dormant)
- Carolingia’s Baronial Thrown Weapons Marshal 09/2021-05/2023
- Backlog Deputy for the Signet office 02/2022-present
- Central Region Deputy for East Kingdom Thrown Weapons Deputy Earl Marshal 05/2023-present
- Clean-up head, Crossroads Faire, 03/15/2003
- Dayboard head cook, Winter Nights...East! 10/24/2015
- Dayboard head, Winter Nights East, 02/09/2019
- Dayboard head, Sovereign & Consort Rapier Champs, 02/18/2022
- Queen's Guard Vienna I and Wilhelm I
- Retainer Fortune I and Ozurr I
- Queen's Guard Indrakshi I and Ryouko’jin I
In Case of Court
I like surprises. Master Symon of Barnesdale, Mistress Margreta Gyllensteirna and Lady Agnes Edith Godolphin should be informed though. If there is a scroll involved I would be happy to get one from any of my numerous scribal friends who haven't made one for me yet. I would appreciate any scroll having a heraldic gazelle on it somewhere in memory of my mother. If a peerage is ever being considered I want a writ and then I can be asked questions for the rest.
- Queen's Order of Esteem, Vienna I, 04/06/2019 for serving on the Queen's Guard