Chana Freidl the Maker
|Resides: Barony Bhakail, Philadelphia, PA|
|Awards: Order of Precedence|
|Award & Office Badges|
Weaver, photographer, carbivore, yurt maker, archer, Chatelaine. Inducted into the Order of the Silver Brooch at Bhakail's Yule in 2017. Inducted into the Order of the Horse at Bhakail's Tavern in 2019. Inducted into the Order of the Silver Wheel at Bhakail's Yule in 2019. Combat archer in the Bhakaili Army. Member of the Black Boot Company. Protege to Maistir Mael Eoin and apprentice to Master Ra'id Ibn Al Za'rur.
Vaguely Middle Eastern, but with no solid timeframe or location. Think of me as a maker who was picked up along the silk road to sew yurts, who has traveled and collected clothing, jewelry, and personality traits from all over.
Offices & Positions
- Chatelaine - Barony of Bhakail
- Autocrat - Bhakail Yule Revel - 12/10/22
- Demo Coordinator - PAX Unplugged Convention - December 2019, 2021, 2022
- Co-Autocrat - Spring (Summer) Crown Tournament - 7/17/21
- Autocrat - Bhakail Tavern - At the Sign of the Cat and Dragon - 1/26/19
- Deputy Autocrat - Bhakail's Yule Revel - 12/8/18
- Deputy Autocrat - Bhakail Tavern At the Sign of the Stag and Sparrow - 1/27/18
Projects & Publications
I make a *whole lot* of things, most of which I post on Facebook. But I'm also trying to keep up with my blog - Chana Freidl Makes Things
In Case of Court
While surprises are fun, I would appreciate if my Pelican Mael Eoin mac Echuid could be informed of any awards I might receive.
Hebrew and Yiddish names are difficult to pronounce, as English doesn't have similar sound structures. Pronounce the CH in Chana as if you were saying "l'chaim," the Hebrew toast meaning "to life", or CHanukah in the traditional pronunciation. If this sound is too difficult to make, HAh-nuh is an appropriate substitution. Freidl is pronounced the same way as dreidl, the top you spin at CHanukah. It can be pronounced FRAY-dull or FRY-dull.