Cecily Graham of Inveresk
|Resides: Shire of Mountain Freehold|
|Awards: Order of Precedence|
|Award & Office Badges|
Lady Cecily is known primarily for her work with the Youth of the Society (East Kingdom, Atlantia, Pennsic) as well as her work alongside her mother Baroness Rosalind Bennett as back herald during several royal reigns during her teen years. Her parents met in the SCA in AS XX and was born to the Shire of Quintavia in AS XII, thus making her a Second Generation SCAdian with a life's worth of experience as both a child and adult in the Society.
Her accomplishments include creating and running the Pennsic Youth Theater program, a one-week long theater program taught in three age groups (under 5, 6-12, and 13-17) with a full performance of the culmination of the week's work at the end of War Week in AS XLIV and XLV. This project took the existing theater program for older children (12-16) with her younger group classes (under 12) and put them under one comprehensive program ranging from interactive storytelling to a traditional play to an introductory class in Commedia del'Arte.
She took 10 years off to get settled in mundane life and is now picking up with activity again. In 2021 she took the yellow belt and became protege to Mistress Ardenia aRuadh.
Cecily is from Lowland Scotland in the 14th century in a town called Dalkeith (Dail Cheith) located six miles south of Edinburgh. The Graham clan held these lands until this century (c. 1350, when Clan Douglas took ownership). Dalkeith is located on the River Esk (Inveresk).
Offices & Positions
- Retainer for Queen Moruadh (1997)
- Back Court Herald, Reign of Darius and Roxane 1 (2002)
- Back Court Herald, Reign of Darius and Roxane 2 (2003)
- Back Court Herald, Reign of Kelson and Geneviere 1 (2004)
- Back Court Herald, Reign of Kelson and Geneviere 2 (2005)
- College SCA leadership (2005-2007)
- Deputy Chancellor of Youth for the Kingdom of Atlantia (2009-2011)
- Interim Chancellor Minor for the East Kingdom (2012-2013)
- Autocrat - Feast of Fools (2007)
- Deputy Youth Point Coordinator (Pennsic 38, 39)
- Youth-Youth Theater Coordinator for groups under 12 (Pennsics 37, 38)
- Pennsic Youth Theater Coordinator (Pennsic 39 and 40)
In Case of Court
Please notify Cecily's Pelican Mistress Ardenia aRuadh or her mother Baroness Rosalind Bennett.