|Resides: Barony of Carolingia|
|Awards: Order of Precedence|
A Drawn Horsebow Bendwise knocked with a Needle threaded Or
|Award & Office Badges|
Cathain lives in the Barony of Carolingia and has been active since 2005, after her college fencing group went to Balfar's Challenge. She is an archer, artist, and equestrian. She is also a member of Keepers of Athena's Thimble, and enjoys crafting in various forms, including sewing, leatherworking, lucet, embroidery, and weaving. Due to these varied interests, she has recently endeavored to enter the world of A&S (she was already doing all the work, might as well document it). This lead to being on the Pennsic A&S Champions team for Pennsic 48 (2019), and will surely result in many more A&S events. Cathain has been a member of the East Kingdom Archery Champions Team or an alternate at Pennsic 43-49 (2014-2022). She shot handbow for several years, but has moved on to crossbow due to a shoulder injury.
Currently she has ventured into late period 16th century German. Previously 13-14th century Europe, with a few variances. She wears what she likes and is comfortable in, and what fits the event/location.
Pronounced: Cuh-tayne The H is essentially silent in the name. The original name was actually Irish (so of course it would have silent letter), but ended up being easier to be a German given name when registered, so a German surname (Reiter) went along with it.
- 10/28/2013 Master Bowman Kenric II and Avelina II
- 09/27/2014 Blue Tyger Legion Brennan and Caoilfhionn (Pennsic Archery Champion Team)
- 01/30/2016 A premier for the Order of Apollo's Arrow Brennan II and Caoilfhionn II
- 04/07/2018 Order of Sagittarius Ivan and Matilde
- 06/15/2019 Order of the Maunche Ozurr and Fortune
- 10/11/2020 Order of the Silver Mantle Tindal and Alberic
- 03/05/2022 Order of the Laurel Ioannes II and Honig II
Offices & Positions
- Retainer to Queen Caoilfhionn II and III
- Carolingia Archery Champion 2015-2016
- Queen's Guard Kenric III and Avelina III
- Archery Marshal 2016-present
- 22nd Queen's Champion of Horse Sept 2019-present King's and Queen's Equestrian Champions
- MoAS Class Liaison May 2020-present
- Carolingia Minister of Arts and Sciences, Sept 2021-present
Both non fealty:
- Ysemay Sterlyng former Laurel/Apprentice Relationship
- Li Kung Lo Teacher/Student Archery Relationship
She is fine with virtual awards.
Generally she is fine with being surprised for awards, however, she would prefer notice if another peerage were to ever happen.
The best people to contact about what events she would be at are Valerian of Somerset, Ysemay Sterlyng, Ygraine of Kellswood, Li Kung Lo, or Duarcaín MacWard. They are also likely the people who should be told.
ICOP take 2! While it seems unlikely, in case I ever get another peerage...
Speakers I would desire are as follows:
- Pelican: Eleanor fitzPatrick
- Laurel: Amalie von Hohensee
- Rose: Caoilfhionn inghean Fhaoláin
- Heavy: Angus Bruce
- Rapier: Donovan or Remy?
Cathain appreciates 14th century calligraphy & illumination (such as the Manesse codex), black hours, and a variety of other styles (such as Islamic and Persian). She also likes shiny, and has really enjoyed the lacey-cut out scrolls she has seen lately. All but one of her scrolls have some sort of equine on them, and she honestly loves that trend, and hopes it continues.
As for title, she likes Maestra, though Meisterin could also work.
Pronouns are she/her/hers
If you need to contact her, she can be reached at email@example.com
To view her blog, please go here: https://sites.google.com/view/hiddenponycrafts/home