Caterina Ginevra Beltrami
THL Caterina Ginevra Beltrami
|Awards: Order of Precedence|
|Award & Office Badges|
Amor Vincit Omnia
Formerly Caitriona of Greenwood Isle; now known as The Honorable Lady Caterina Ginevra Beltrami. (Pronouns: She/Her/Hers) Caterina in the modern world is a full time student and rarely seen at events for the time being. (Plague Era through 2021)
- Resident of the Barony of Carolingia
- Member of Lochleven
- Protege to Justin du Coeur
- Camps at Pennsic with the Barony of Stonemarche
- Knowne World Courtesans Guild
- Low Company of Gamesters and Gamblers
- Company of the Sable Domino
- Worshipful Company of Their Majesties Underwear
- Family members: Matilda of Carolingia, Duncan of Carolingia, Kassandra Aiantide, Zohane Faber, Julien, Alexander Robison the Landless
- 15th century Venetian courtesan, except in the hot summer months when the adornments of a Roman meretrix may be adopted instead.
- Queen's Cypher, Edward III and Thyra II - 2015
- Seamstress to the Crown, Edward III and Thyra II - 2015
- King's Esteem of Merit, Kenric II and Avelina II - 2014
- Queen's Cypher, Edward II and Thyra - 2013
- Seamstress to the Crown, Edward II and Thyra - 2013
- Order of the Silver Crescent - 2012
- Companion of the Daystar, Barony of Carolingia - 2007
- Award of Arms - 2006
- Social Media Officer - Carolingia - September 2021 to present
- Minister of Arts and Sciences - Carolingia - March 2018 to September 2021
- Seneschal - Carolingia - December 2008 to December 2011
- Deputy Seneschal - Carolingia - August 2005 to December 2008
- Thrown Weapons Marshal at large - August 2005 to August 2011
Notable Event Positions
- Dayboard Head Cook - Palio di Stonemarche - Stonemarche - 2014
- Dayboard Head Cook - Investiture of Fergus and Imigla - Carolingia - 2012
- Autocrat - Frosty Revels - Carolingia - 2007
- Autocrat - Winter's Bardic Ball - Carolingia - 2006
- Autocrat - Snow Ball - Carolingia - 2005
Started in the SCA at the College of No Mountain (Grinnell College) in Calontir. Eventually moved to Carolingia to study at the Borough of Greenwood Isle (Simmons College). Moved to Quintavia in 2011 and returned to Carolingia in 2017. Joined the household of Lochleven in 2015. Camps with the Barony of Stonemarche at Pennsic since 2011.
Currently Social Media Officer for the Barony of Carolingia (2021). Minister of Arts and Sciences for the Barony of Carolingia from 2018 to 2021. Seneschal of the Barony of Carolingia from 2008 to 2011 and Deputy Seneschal from 2005 to 2008. Retainer, heraldic staff, and seamstress for Edward III and Thyra II. Retainer for Kenric II and Avelina II. Retainer, heraldic staff, fundraising staff, and seamstress for Edward II and Thyra. Retainer and heraldic staff for Edward and Marguerite.
Interests: Embroidery, sewing and garb, research, heraldry and court, gaming, European dance, Middle Eastern drumming and dance, archery, cooking, brewing, poetry, narrow-work, fiber arts, inkle weaving, wire weaving, performing arts including vocal music and Commedia dell'Arte, scribal arts, silk painting, swordplay, SCA history, laws, and customs, local service, royal service, use of modern social media for SCA purposes, as well as all the arts of a Courtesan.
Creator and admin of the (now mostly defunct) SCA Pinners resource group on Facebook.
In Case of Court
Caterina greatly prefers to be surprised, but having her friends and family be able to be present is the higher priority. She prefers to receive awards in person and not virtually, and becomes anxious on webcams. Her preference for location, if it can be managed, is as close to her home Barony of Carolingia as possible, and ideally not at the Pennsic War, which much of her family does not attend. Should it become relevant, Caterina wishes to receive a Writ in advance of any Peerage so that her friends and family have time to plan for attending the vigil.
Please notify family members Kassandra Aiantide and Matilda of Carolingia directly of any awards in advance, as well as her Pelican, Justin du Coeur. These individuals should know how to proceed, but additional friends who may be contacted are Deirdre Grenewode, Eon, Eoghan Bastard mac Lachlainn, and/or her household of Lochleven and friends in the Worshipful Company of Their Majesties Underwear.