Spring Crown Tourney in The Shire of Hartshorn-dale, 2011 (Picture taken by Cateline La Broderesse)
|Resides: The Barony of Iron Bog|
|Awards: Order of Precedence|
Vert, on a fess between two pairs of rapiers in saltire Or a domestic cat couchant sable.
|Award & Office Badges|
The Honorable Lady Caitrina Gordon called Katya, OBT (x3), OSC, various Baronial awards Katya currently holds the Baronial offices of Exchequer and Historian and was Rapier Marshal in the Barony of Iron Bog until July 2015. She held the office of Rapier Marshal for the Shire of Blak Rose from 2003 to 2005. She is a long standing member of the Tadcaster Militia (known as the Elephant Handler), apprenticed to Duchess Mistress Sedalia MacNare for Costuming, cadeted to Master Don Davius St. Jacques and a student of period cooking. If Katya is attending an event there are normally three places you can locate her; the rapier field, the kitchen or cheering on her Lord at the Armored Combat field.
Katya is a Scottish persona that has traveled the world thanks to her father having a merchant ship. She has been to Russia, Germany, England and the Middle East-this is reflected in the various garb you will find her wearing. Please see http://www.tadcastermilitia.com/memb_pages/katya.html for a more detailed persona write up.
Offices & Event Staff
- Office of the Chatelaine-Shire of Blak Rose-2001-2003
- Office of Rapier Marshal-Shire of Blak Rose-2003-2005
- Office of Baronial Historian-Barony of Iron Bog-July 2008 to Present
- Office of Baronial Deputy Rapier Marshal-Barony of Iron Bog-2009-2010
- Office of Baronial Rapier Marshal-Barony of Iron Bog-2010-2015
- Office of Baronial Exchequer-June 2020 to Present
- RMIC of SRWP-Shire of Owlshurst-2004 to 2010 (7 years total)
- RMIC of Toys for Tots-Barony of Iron Bog-December 2010
- RMIC of River Wars-Barony of Iron Bog-September 2012
- RMIC of River Wars-Barony of Iron Bog-September 2015
Head Cook/Deputy Cook Positions-
- Deputy Cook-Schola for the Lost-Shire of Montevale (RP)-Oct 2000, A.S. XXXV
- Deputy Cook-Feast of the Stag-Shire of Montevale-June 2001, A.S. XXXV
- Deputy Cook-Schola for the Lost-Shire of Montevale-Oct 2001, A.S. XXXVI
- Deputy Cook-Feast of the Stag-Shire of Montevale-June 2002, A.S. XXXVI
- Head Cook-Rebirthing Day--Shire of Blak Rose-Oct 2002, A.S. XXXVII
- Head Cook-Crown Tourney-Shire of Blak Rose (Kingdom Level)-May 2003, A.S. XXXVII
- Head Cook-Second Investiture of the Barony of Iron Bog, Barony of Iron Bog (RP), Feb, 2009 A.S. XLIII
- Deputy Cook-Bellringers-Barony of Carillon-Feb, 2010, A.S. XLIV
- Head Cook-Birthday Event-Barony of Iron Bog-March, 2010, A.S. XLIV
- Head Cook-Ice Falcon’s Ducal Challenge-Barony of Iron Bog (RP)-June, 2010, A.S. XLV
- Head Cook-Coronation of Gryffith II and Aikaterine II-(Kingdom Level- Barony of Iron Bog-Sept, 2010 A.S. XLVI
- Deputy Cook-Mudthaw-Barony of Settmour Swamp-March 2011
- Head Cook-River War II.V-Barony of Iron Bog (RP)-October 2011
- Head Cook-Third Investiture of the Barony of Iron Bog-Barony of Iron Bog (RP)-January 2012
- Co-Cook-EKU Collegium: A Day in the Guild Hall-Barony of Bhakail-August 2012
- Head Cook-Kingdom Twelfth Night-Barony of Iron Bog (Kingdom Level)-January 2013
- Head Cook-River War IV-Barony of Iron Bog (RP)-September 2013
- Head Cook-Artisan’s Village-Shire of Hartshorn-dale-June 2015
- Dayboard Cook-Fourth Investiture of the Barony of Iron Bog-Barony of Iron Bog (RP)-June 2015
- Head Cook-River Wars VI-Barony of Iron Bog-September 2016
- Co-Cook-Artisan's Village-Shire Hartshorn-dale-June 2017
- Head Cook-River Wars VIII-Barony of Iron Bog-September 2017
- Head Cook-River Wars IX-Barony of Iron Bog-September 2018
- Head Dayboard Cook-100 Mins Wars-Shire of Rusted Woodlands-November 2019
Projects & Publications
Member of a team in the 2011 Golden Seamstress contest held in the Middle Kingdom. I was responsible for the majority of the beading done on the sleeve on the Swabian dress the team created. If I recall correctly we came in second at our level; intermediate.
Entered K & Q A & S in 2011 with a French Hood; I received good verbal feedback. The score sheet never reached me.
Entered food in K & Q A & S 2017, 2018 and 2019. Improving and growing each year. The first year required three items I entered Gourds in Pottage, Pears in Confection and Golden Apples; all recipes used in an feast menu from "To the King's Taste". In 2018, I entered Recipe No. 10 Ravioli from "The Neapolitan Recipe Collection". In 2019, I entered the same recipe but with executed both the recipe and the documentation with more period methods/information growing from the feedback I received in 2018.
Won the period cookie competition at the Investiture of Buckland Cross with Dainty Morsels (period biscotti).
Taught "So You Want to Be a Head Cook" at SRWP in the Barony of Carillion. 2019 In 2020 I taught this class again but online and a recording can be found at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMX2uty3xFE&list=PL7Pq5z13ATWf9y3iI_pOQw_k7vLKFCGRI&index=4 Two weeks later, I taught Menu Planning for Events, the recording can be found at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fqqyZCJj30&list=PL7Pq5z13ATWf9y3iI_pOQw_k7vLKFCGRI&index=6
Won the Barony of Iron Bog's Arts & Sciences championship (2019) with a entry of food that a solider would have in the first week after leaving for a campaign for the theme of the art of war. I entered roasted pork, sharp cheese, bread, almonds and an apple. I have posted the documentation to my blog.
Displayed at the Kingdom A & S February of 2020. Displayed Dainty Morsels (period biscotti). This iteration was the one I felt came the closest to a correct period recipe.
Competing in the 2021 BBM Ethereal Seamstress competition at Master level and the documentation of progress, difficulties, and research will be tracked on my blog.
Word Press blog can be found at katyagordon.home.blog
In case of court, I am willing to get awards in any form: virtual, baronial or in-person court. Smaller honors can be suprises, but for more significant awards, I prefer to be told in advance. Please contact Sterling De La Rosa or members of the Tadcaster Militia.