The Barony of Bhakail was founded in September of A.S. VI (1971) and is the fourth oldest Barony in the East Kingdom. It is located in the Southern Region and is the southernmost Barony in the Kingdom.
Meaning: Named after Lake Baikal in Siberia, Russia.
Established: September 1971. Elevated to Baronial status October 5, 1974
Blazon: Gules, a salamander sable dancing in flames, environed of a laurel wreath proper, on a chief argent a hurst of three trees, maple, pine and oak, proper, between a quill and a quill inverted, gules.
Heraldic officer's title: Salamander Pursuivant
Awards: Order of the Salamander, Master/Mistress of Horse, Order of the Pasguarde, Company of the Flame and Salamander, Company of St. Hubert of Bhakail, Order of the Harlequin, Order of the Eft, Order of the Tear of Bhakail, Order of the Star of Bhakail, Order of the Crucible of Bhakail.
Newsletter: The Salamander
Fighting Unit(s): The Bhakail Army
Barons and Baronesses of Bhakail
Territories of Bhakail
- Bailiwick of Ivyeinrust - June 1981
Former Territories of Bhakail
- Canton of Black Icorndall - Delaware County - Sept. 2008 to Apr. 2018 (Dormant).
- Shire of Buckland Cross - Bucks County, PA - May 1996 to Jan. 2003, elevated to independent Shire
- Canton of Caer Achwyn - Bryn Mawr, PA - Oct. 1974 to Mar. 1976
- Canton of the Ivory Tower - Swarthmore College - Mar. 1977 to Apr. 1983
- Canton of Wolcen Weir - Phoenixville, PA - May 1981 to Oct. 1983
- Canton of Lorel Holdfast - Haverford, PA - Jan. 1982 to Oct. 1983
- Canton of Cwm Clwyd - Temple University - June 1982 to unknown
- Canton of the Dark Temple - July 1983 to Nov. 1985
- Canton of Inglenook - Media, PA - Sept. 1982 to unknown
- Canton of Riddlemark - Media, PA - Early 1990s
- Canton of the Granite Temple
Additional information taken from Geographic History of the East Kingdom
|Emblazon||Award Name||In recognition of|
|Order of the Crucible of Bhakail||Given to an individual who most embodies and personifies the ideals of the Bhakail. Can only be awarded once per year.|
|Order of the Harlequin||For excellence in the Arts and Sciences.|
|Order of the Star of Bhakail||For households who perform extraordinary service.|
|Order of the Eft||For all around achievement in the development of a medieval persona and arts/sciences for those under the age of 18.|
|Company of Saint Hubert of Bhakail||For excellence in promoting and teaching of the art of Archery.|
|Order of the Tear of Bhakail||For those injured in any way while in service to the Barony.|
|Order of the Pasguarde||For excellence in promoting and teaching of the art of Medieval Combat.|
|Company of the Flame and Salamander||For excellence in promoting and teaching of the art of Fencing.|
|Order of the Salamander||For outstanding and exceptional service to the Barony. Members of the order advise Their Excellencies concerning candidates.|
|Master/Mistress of the Horse||Granted to those members of the Populace whose efforts have furthered the aims and goals of the Barony in general. Members of the order advise Their Excellencies concerning candidates.|