Arthur de Beaumont
|Resides: Barony of Havre des Glaces|
|Awards: Order of Precedence|
Argent, within a cross moline disjointed vert nine roses in cross gules seeded Or
|Award & Office Badges|
I was introduced to the SCA by friends in 1993 and have been active ever since. For most of my SCA life I have resided in the Barony of Havre des Glaces, but I also spent a few years in the neighbouring Barony of l'Île du Dragon Dormant.
From September 2010 to August 2013, I had the honour and privilege to serve as the Baron of Havre des Glaces with my wife, Shadiyah al-Zahra'.
14th century French
Offices & Positions
- East Kingdom
- Archery Lieutenant-at-Large from 2009 to 2019
- Archery Marshal from 1995 to 2019
- Thrown Weapons Marshal from 1999 to 2015
- Crown Principality of Tir Mara
- Regional Commander of the Northern Shores Region (before it became Tir Mara) from 2000 to 2009
- Barony of Havre des Glaces
- Territorial Baron from 2010 to 2013
- Seneschal for 2 years (2003 to 2005)
- Herald for 2 years (2003 to 2005)
- Company Captain of the Archers from 1995 to 2000 (at which time the Shire became a Barony and decided not to keep that office)
- Barony of L'ile du Dragon Dormant
- Deputy Chronicler from 2000 to 2002
Awards & Recognitions
- 1996 Award of Arms (East)
- 2000 Companion of the Sagittarius (East)
- 2001 Companion of the Maunche (East)
- 2008 Companion of the Lys d'Argent (East) (Havre des Glaces)
- 2010 Baron Havre des Glaces (East) (Tir Mara)
- 2010 Grant of Arms (East)
- 2011 Companion of the Silver Crescent (East)
- 2013 Companion of the King's Esteem of Merit (East)
- 2013 Companion of the Princess's Champion of Archery (East)
- 2013 Court Baron (East)
- 2023 A&S Baronial Champion (Havre des Glaces)
A few years ago (in 2017), I started exploring the art of blacksmithing. It is now my main activity within the SCA.
I have spend several hundred hours on the archery fields of the East Kingdom, both as an archer and an archery marshall for most of my SCA life. However, in recent years I have been much less active in archery, although it still hold a very dear spot in my heart. I am also an experienced arrow-maker and I have crafted a few bows.
I also explored mead-making, brewing and cordial-making. My Maunche was awarded for my work in this art.