Anne Meckil von Salm
Mickel at Great Northeastern War XXXIII, A.S. LIV
|Awards: Order of Precedence|
Argent, on a pale sable a rose argent, a bordure gules.
|Award & Office Badges|
- Also known as Anna Mickel von Salm - better known simply as Mickel
- Active in the SCA since 1997
16th c German - the guise runs the breadth of the century, depending on what area of study is being pursued.
- Captain of the First Company of Woolfe's Dragoons
- Fearless Leader for the DisSonatas
- Confessed member of Haus Wanderstamm
- Dancemeisterin of Malagentia
- Laurel to Mairghread Huntley
- Teacher to Margaret Sevensterre and Ysenda Cleland
Haus Wanderstamm, The Great Northeastern War 2019
Offices and Positions
- Minister of Arts & Sciences for Malagentia, 2001 thru 2010
- Northern Region Deputy Minister of Arts & Sciences, 2016 thru 2020
- Archery Champion to the Province of Malagentia, 2017
- A&S Steward, Great Northeastern War, 2001, 02, 03, 05, 06, 07, 08
- Dancemeisterin for the New Moon Balle, Great Northeastern War, 2001 to present
- Autocrat of an annual A&S oriented event, Spring's Inspirations I thru X; 2002 thru 2011
- Dancemeisterin for the Moonlight Ball, Panteria, 2015 to present
Projects and Publications
- Co-founded an early music band, The DisSonatas, and have led it since 1998
- Teaching Medieval and Rennaisance dance on a regular schedule since 2000
- Founded an evening of early music and dance, The New Moon Balle, which occurs each year at the Great Northeastern War, and have run it since 2001
- Founded an early music singing group in 2004, the Voci DisSonati, and led it until 2011
In Case of Court
- Please contact Maxton Gunn.
- Please avoid reference in any form to covid 19 on any award scroll.
- Interests and pursuits include: costuming, spinning, knitting, embroidery, narrowwork, calligraphy, illumination, woodworking, early music, dance, fencing, archery, thrown weapons
- Frequently can be found on the archery field, near the fencing lists, in the dance hall, or around the Taj Pavilion.