Anéžka Liška z Kolína
Anéžka as court herald at GNEW 2022
|Resides: Barony of Carolingia|
|Awards: Order of Precedence|
Per bend bevilled Or and vert.
|Award & Office Badges|
Anéžka Liška z Kolína (she/they) came to the Society in AS 51 because she collects hobbies and the SCA is basically just one big collection of hobbies; she stayed because it's also a monument to enthusiasm and interconnected communities. Her main passion is heraldry, with a specialty in Czech onomastics, though she recently began studying Italian rapier (Fabris, primarily) and has rapidly fallen just as deeply in love with it — look for her among the heralds or the fencers, at most events.
Anéžka is also enthusiastic about weaving, calligraphy, music (particularly harp music), pottery, connecting people to other people, shenanigans, being useful, and probably plenty of other things they just haven't dipped a toe into yet.
Anéžka lives in late 14th/early 15th century Bohemia, in the town of Kolín; anything more precise than that is yet to be determined.
- Blue Tyger Herald (kingdom submissions herald), July 2022 to present.
- Webminister for the Blue Tyger Herald website, July 2021 to present.
- Pantheon Herald (submissions deputy), March 2021 to June 2022.
- Decision staff for Wreath Sovereign of Arms, November 2020 to present.
- Decision staff for Pelican Sovereign of Arms, August 2020 to present.
- Golden Gryphon Pursuivant, Barony of Carolingia, August 2018 to July 2021.
- Server owner and moderator for the Knowne World Heraults discord server, December 2021 to present.
- Group admin for the What's My Blazon facebook group, August 2018 to present.
- Heraldic staff for Mohammad and Corotica, 2022
- Heraldic staff for Ryouko'jin and Indrakshi, 2022
- List herald, Crown Tournament of Ioannes II & Honig II, Nov 6 2021
- Court herald, First Court of Fiore & Frithuric, Virtual Falling Leaves, Sep 11 2021
- List herald and general dogsbody, Crown feeder tourney (Quintavia/Carolingia edition), Jul 3 2021
- Scroll reader, various Ethereal Courts of Tindal and Alberic, 2020-2021
Projects, accomplishments, and accolades:
- Proposal for update to SENA Appendix A, Czech
- Kudos from Pelican Queen of Arms, May 2021 LoAR
- Update to how we consider conflict for comets (contributing commenter), May 2021 LoAR
- Novice Rapier Champion, 100 Minutes War (East Kingdom Novice Day), Nov 19 2022
- Queen's Guard - Corotica
- Rapier Heroic Champions team, Pennsic XLIX (2022)
Anéžka is a Fabris/Capoferro fencer, but has also begun studying Domingo Luis Godinho's 1599 Art of Fencing as a side project.
Classes & Publications
- Or and Vert, Anéžka's blog
- Heraldic Consults 101 - first taught at Virtual Midyear KWHSS, Jan 2022
- How to SENA (or, Where the Heck Do I Find That?) - first taught at KWHSS, Jul 2021
- Documenting Name Patterns - first taught at Virtual Midyear KWHSS, Jan 2021
- Blazonry for Scribes - first taught at Virtual Midyear KWHSS, Jan 2021
- Laurels Challenge entries, May 2021
In Case of Court
When planning awards for Anéžka, surprises are welcome but by no means required. Because community is important to them, however, please do not keep awards a surprise from their family and friends, particularly Gavin Kent, Remy Delamontagne de Gascogne, and Stephen Reynard le Strange. Please also notify the relevant Order prior to the award. Awards in Ethereal Court are acceptable.
Scrolls created and read by her friends are preferred, as are scroll texts based explicitly on period sources. Despite being primarily focused on Czech (and always appreciative of Czech sources!), she also has great fondness for Middle English and Latin, and particularly enjoys the many inconsistent spelling variations found in period texts.
A note about pronouns: as you may observe from this page, "she/they" is a fully interchangeable set of pronouns; neither one is more preferred than the other.
A note about titles: should Anéžka receive a grant-level award, please do not use THL for them. They have strong opinions about this post-period form of address and will use Lady until further notice. Most of the time, though, they go without a title, as the important titles to them are heraldic ones, and those aren't appropriate for every situation.
Pronunciation: ah-NEZH-kah LISH-kah zkoh-LEEN-ah (IPA: [ˈanɛʒka lɪʃka z koliːna]) - the standalone "z" is very subtle, more like you're saying "lishka's koleena". Yes, this is a nonsense Czech name. Yes, she did this to herself. No, she's not going to be offended if you get it wrong.
Anéžka does not have a Peer or official mentor at this time; if you have feedback for them, please seek them out and deliver it directly. The majority of their rapier instruction comes from Remy and Donovan, so commentary on that can also be directed to them.