Walking to Court
|Resides: Shire of Hadchester (Union Maine)|
|Awards: Order of Precedence|
Azure, a stag's head cabossed and in chief three mullets Or.
|Award & Office Badges|
I am Lord Alexander Clarke, Esquire, and I reside in the Shire of Hadchester. I have been involved in the SCA since 2002 where I first started attending heavy list practices in Malagentia. After graduating college I moved back to my home town and was instrumental in the formation of what is now the Shire of Hadchester, serving as its first Senechal from 2008 to 2010.
The year is 1417, I have been afforded, by the Grace of Henry Fifth of that name, King of England, the stewardship of a small parcel of land abutting that of his other loyal servant, and my employer, Thomas Chaucer, here near the hamlet of Ewelme, South Oxfordshire. The land is hunted, harvested, and farmed enough to bring in a comfortable income for my family of four, and there is even extra to be spent from working as a Clerk for Chaucer. "Cogginswood" (as we call it) even boasts a small vineyard two which delights our neighbors.
Offices & Positions
- Seneschal of the Shire of Hadchester, then called Hadrian's Keep, 2008-2010
- Herald of the Shire of Hadchester 2016-2019
- Event Steward Orchard Wars I- Hadchester 2010
- Tournament Coordinator Orchard Wars III- Hadchester 2013
- Event Steward/Tournament Coordinator Tourney of the Northern Seas- Hadchester 2015
- Deed Coordinator- GNEW 2013 to Present.
- Public Demo Coordinator, Hadchester 2013
- Organizer of "The Deed" at GNEW 28, 29, 30, 31 & 32 . This is a recreation of a 14th century tournament. Information available at www.deedsandfeatsofarms.wordpress.com
- Champion of the Deed of Arms, GNEW 32. Bearer of the Original Shield of Chivalry (Deed Shield) in perpetuity.
- Organizer of "The Viking Deed," GNEW 32.
- Warlord of Hadchester GNEW 32
- Handsomest Man in the East Kingdom. Brennan and Caoilfhionn (but mostly Brennan) GNEW 32
- Companion of the Order of Excellence AS XLIV
- East Kingdom Northern Region A&S Champion AS LV
- Creator of the Newcomer Mug Challenge AS LIII
- Creator of the "Tyger Pride" Pin fundraiser for the EK Office of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion AS LIII and the EK Office of the Accessibility Porter AS LV
- That Terrible Day at Agincourt- GNEW 2018
- Thomas Chaucer: The most interesting man you've never heard of.- GNEW 2018
- The Truth About Agincourt - Ethereal A&S 2020
- The Hundred Years War, in a nutshell- Ethereal A&S 2020
- For He Was a Forester, I Guess- Endeweard Hunt 2019 & Panther Vale Virtual Studium Generale 2021
- The Agincourt Soldier- Panther Vale Virtual Studium General 2021
- The English Yeomanry- Ethereal A&S 2020
- Building A Person: How a solid framework leads to persona success- An Tir Barony of Three Mountains Birthday Virtual Event 2021
- How to Block a Bycocket- FB Live Stream on EK Unofficial 2021
- His SCA Project Blog is available to view at www.unexpectedmaunche.wordpress.com
- Outside of the SCA, Alexander runs an Educational Lecture and Presentation service called History Live! North East. This service is dedicated to brining high fidelity, accurate, informative and engaging history presentations to schools, libraries and other civic organizations.
- He also has a research blog at www.chaucercompangie.wordpress.com
- And he is the Co-Host of the Reenactor Podcast "How Two Medieval." https://anchor.fm/howtwomedieval