Aelia Fortunata (in her very messy room) after the Black Rose Ball, AS 53.
|Awards: Order of Precedence
|Award & Office Badges
Aelia Fortunata (EYE-lee-ah for-too-NAH-tah) has been playing off and on in the Society since roughly AS 43, but became more active starting in AS 48. Her entry to the society was through her local dance practice, and things were never the same.
Roman onomastics for women being what they are, she is properly addressed as Fortunata, as Aelia is her family name. Her preferred title is 'Domina' (DOE-mee-nah,) which is the Latin equivalent of 'Lady,' but will also accept 'Lady' as well.
Due to how she was introduced to the SCA, dancing, and the teaching of dance has always been one of Fortunata's interests. Her other great interest is the time period best described as 'Rome from the late republic through the early empire,' or roughly 100 BCE to 100 CE. Recently, she became apprenticed to Magister Gundormr Dengir, and is an affiliate of Clan Straquin.
Fortunata has a classical Roman persona, dating from the great civil wars marking the end of the Republic.
She is the only daughter of a wealthy plebeian family who made their fortune in trade between Rome, Gaul and points north. During the civil wars, the family threw their hand in with Caesar. Unfortunately, as Rome was no longer safe for a young woman, Fortunata was carted off to a family villa in Gaul. One of the safer bits of Gaul, but Gaul nonetheless. Her father will permit her to return to the city when it is safe, but who knows when that will be?
Offices and Positions
Dancemistress, Barony of Carolingia, December 2018-Present
Projects & Publications
- 'Hashish in Medieval Muslim Cultures' with Ysabel da Costa
- 'Cannabis Consumption in the SCA Period: Bhang' with Ysabel da Costa
- Introduction to Latin (Ethereal class, March 2020; Harper's Retreat 2020; Canton of Whyt Whey's Saturday night Solar, August 2021; Barony of Three Mountains Roman and Scythian Summer (An Tir))
- Introduction to Roman Religion (Ethereal class, Canton of Whyt Whey's Saturday night Solar; Barony of Three Mountains Roman and Scythian Summer)
In Case of Court
- Please let me know if I am being called into court, no need to tell me why. I can be reached via EK email, Facebook or through Gundormr Dengir.
- Please summon to RP event in advance, or use a writ
- ICOP, please contact Gundormr Dengir and Aaradyn Ghyoot