Yasemin Bint Al-Hajjar
Yasemin bint Al-Hajjar
|Award & Office Badges|
Yasemin found the SCA in 2007 through her husband, Hassan. He slowly introduced her to SCA Events, and then Pennsic. EK Warcamp of that year was her first camping trip EVER.
Yasemin would have been a 14th century Harem for Bayezid I. These imperial women were by no means uneducated or uncultured - or sex slaves as ignorant Western Europeans preferred to think of them. She would have been educated in the Turkish language as well as reading, calligraphy, history and geography by some of the foremost teachers of the day. Being a well rounded and trusted advisor to the sultan he would have had her serving the valide sultan by acting as a supervising administrator of her harem during their reign.
- Member of House Three Skulls
- Member of House Gleipnirvirki
- Member of the Hrafnox Fighting Unit
- Apprentice to Countess Ro Honig von Sommerfeldt
- Wife of Sir Hassan Ibn Abd Al-Malik
Offices & Positions
- Arts and Science Officer, Shire of Midland Vale, 11/01/2019-Present
- Active in the shire of Midland Vale since its incipience.
- Staff, Second Tourney of the Daffodils, Midland Vale, 4/16
- Gate, East Kingdom Twelfth Night, Midland Vale, 4/16
- Gate, Tourney of the Daffodils, Midland Vale, 4/16
Awards and Honors
- Award of Arms (East), Gregor IV and Kiena II, 5/11/2013
- Queen's Award of Esteem (East), Omega V & Etheldreda IV, 04/25/2015
- Queen's Cypher (East), Brion III and Anna III, 4/01/2017
- Queen's Order of Courtesy (East), Ionnes and Honig, 6/10/2017
- Silver Wheel (East), Ivan and Matilde, 11/18/2017
- Blue Tyger Legion, Southern Army (Armored), Pennsic 47
- Order of the Silver Brooch (East), Ozur and Fortune, 6/8/2019
- Order of the Maunche (East), Tindal and Alberic, 11/08/2020
- Fabric Arts
- All things Turkish - whether it be the garb, music, or dance.
- Heavy Fighting
Portfolio of Finished Work and Projects
Preferred tokens of admiration include Middle Eastern jewelry and fabrics with beautiful designs! I also enjoy a great glass of wine or Sangria.