- Improve Wiki help organization (support team, how to, FAQ, etc)
- Add basic pages for the other kingdoms.
- Update the EK officer lists and footers (Greater Officers of State, Lesser Officers of State).
- Categorize uploaded files and improve their naming (photos & devices mostly - see "Class Notes" below for more info)
- Delete unused files which are a few weeks old.
- Add more baronial award templates.
- Review the earliest pages on Special:AncientPages and see which need an update (list is by last modified time).
- Fill out/finish: Customs & Traditions.
- Review and update the territories list.
- Add RP info to events 2001-2006.
- Add events 1960s-2001.
- Start timeline.
- Fill in stub pages (Awards for example).
Ideas for activity topics
- Historical Context
- Authorization Forms
- More Information
- Approve new users
- Patrol recent changes
Approving New Users
Duplicate Account Email Text
If a user account is requested by someone who already has one, we reject the request and set the email text as below (filling in their old user name and associated email address). The user name can be found by seeing what links to their persona page. The email address can be found using Special:UserCredentials and their user name.
Greetings! You already have an account on the wiki. Your old user account name is: The email address associated with your account is: The wiki can reset your password at: http://wiki.eastkingdom.org/index.php?title=Special:PasswordReset In Service, Michel Wolffauer
Welcome Email Text
If a user account is requested, and the email address confirmed, then the account is created with the user info set to a redirect to their persona page (Ex: #REDIRECT [[Michel Wolffauer]]) and the below message in the email. Create their persona page using the populace boiler plate.
Welcome! Please let me know if you have any questions or run into any problems. If the name on your populace page is incorrect, please use the Move tab at the top to rename it. - Michel Wolffauer firstname.lastname@example.org EK Wiki hints: * http://wiki.eastkingdom.org/index.php/Help:Edit_a_Page * http://wiki.eastkingdom.org/index.php/Help:Add_a_Picture
Unconfirmed Account Email Text
When an account has not been confirmed after a few days, I email them the following message. In addition to checking on their request, it lets me test their email address. If the address doesn't work for some reason, then they will never be able to receive their password, so the request is deleted. If they don't respond within a week, the request is deleted. In either case, they can always request an account again later.
Greetings! I noticed that you had started the process for getting an account on the EK Wiki, but didn't finish. You should have received an email from the Wiki to confirm your email address. (Possibly got put in your spam folder?) After confirming your address I would get a notice to activate your account. Are you still interested in an account? If so, I will go ahead and active it. In Service, Michel
This is a collection of information I wish more wiki users knew.
- When requesting an account, check your spam folder for the email to confirm your email address (gmail addresses especially). If the wiki can't send you an email, it can't send you your login information and we can't create an account.
- Authorizing accounts is a manual step after your email is confirmed. It is usually done within a day, but may take longer if folks are away from their computers.
- If you need to correct the spelling for the title of a page, use the Move tab at the top of the page. It will ask you if you want to leave a redirect behind - in most cases you will not need to. Move is also used to change the name on your page. (What we don't want are folks creating new pages and "blanking" the old one).
- Please use the Preview option. Each time you save your page it creates a new history entry for the page. Every change to every page is manually reviewed at some point. The more people use Preview, and the less they use Save, the easier/quicker it is to review everything.
- When linking to other pages or including images - capitalization counts just as much as spelling. jpg is not the same as JPG or Jpeg.
- Please give your file a reasonable and personal name. IMG_43826.jpg is not a good name. MyDevice.gif is not a good name. (Destination filename field on the upload form) The Move tab can also be used to rename a file.
- Please give your file a category. (Summary field on the upload form)
- Category:Profile Photos - For your profile photo.
- Category:Populace Armorial - For personal devices and badges.
- Category:Armor Photos - Photos of armor or fighters in armor.
- Category:A and S Photos - Photos of A&S projects.
- Category:Household Photos - Photos of household groups.
- Category:Horse Photos - Photos of EK war horses.
- Category:Regnal Photos - Photos of royal or baronial reigns.
- Category:East Kingdom Armorial - Devices and badges belonging to the East Kingdom.
- Category:Territory Armorial - Devices and badges belonging to local groups in the East.
- Category:Other Kingdoms Armorial - Devices and badges belonging to kingdoms or groups outside the East.
- Category:Society Armorial - Devices and badges belonging to the Society.
- Category:Maps - Maps of all sorts.
- Category:Photos - Catch all for everything else.