Nagashima Ichiro Ujimichi
Purpure, three fans Or marked purpure in pall inverted two handles to center within an annulet Or
|Award & Office Badges|
Nagashima Ichiro Ujimichi (長島 一路 宇治道)
Although I have some training as a warrior, I have shown to be far better with some of the gentler arts. I have concentrated my interests in cooking and brewing.
Offices & Positions
- Senechal, Lions End, 07/20/2018 to present
For cooking staff check cooking section below.
- Event Steward, Lions End Farmingdale Demo A.S. LIV, 6/8/2019
Mundanely, I started cooking at around six years old, helping my mother in the kitchen. I attended BOCES culinary program for my last two years of high school, and spent my first year of college as a hotel and restaurant management major. I discovered that I enjoy cooking too much to do it for a living. That being said, because I had experience, I worked in restaurants for about ten years, having worked almost every position in a restaurant.
Within the SCA, I started work at The Bread Boule at Pennsic XXVI in A.S. XXXII (1997) and had worked there for about four years.
I cooked my first feast in A.S. XXXIII (1998) for the original iteration of the Canton of Broken Bridge (also nicknamed the vertical canton for being centered at 85 Eastern Pkwy, Brooklyn. It was a middle eastern feast for about 60 people. I served as kitchen manager for the Caravanserai at Pennsic, which included scheduling staff for each meal.
- Feastocrat, Incipient Canton of Broken Bridge First Feast A.S. XXXIII, circa 1998
- Cook,The Feast of John Barleycorn A.S. XXXVII, 9/6/2003
- Cook, Runnymede Baronial Dinner - Pennsic War XL A.S. XLVII, 8/2011
- Feastocrat, The Feast of John Barleycorn - Viceregal Investiture A.S. L, 9/10/2016
- Feastocrat, Blood and Axes A.S. LI, 6/3/2017
- Cook, An Dubhaigeainn / Ostgardr Challenge A.S. LII, 5/12/2018
- Cook, Arrows, Axes, & Ales A.S. LIII, 9/16/2018
- Cook, Goat's Tavern A.S. LIII, 10/20/2018
- Cook, St. Andrews A.S. LIII, 11/10/2018
- Dayboard Cook, Coronation of Ôzurr and Fortune A.S. LIV, 4/6/2019
- Cook, A Day of the Decameron. LIV, 4/27/2019
- Cook, Return of the Lions A.S. LIV, 5/4/2019
- Feastocrat, Blood and Axes A.S. LIV, 6/29/2019
- Cook, Runnymede Baronial Dinner - Pennsic War XLVIII A.S. LIV, 8/5/2019
If you need a cook for an upcoming event in the area, please contact me through Facebook.
My interest in making tasty alcoholic beverages started before I joined the SCA. Having gone to New York Renaissance Faire a few times with friends, I tried mead and liked it enough to try making it myself.
I won my first brewing competition at Lions In Winter A.S. XXXII (1997), with a Smoky Mead. Yes, you read that correctly. The mead was aged in charred wooden milk jugs from Nepal.
I have run a few workshops over the years, and have done mead, cordials, and even made sake once. I am a member of Gratuitous Lily Guild.
If I haven't done a brewing workshop in the area for a while or you are interested in me doing one, please contact me through Facebook.
Workshops, Projects & Publications
- Brewing Workshop, Lions End, circa 2005
- Cordial Worshop, Broken Bridge, 09/19/2009
- Fall Brew-Haha!, Lions End, 11/10/2013
- Barleycorn Test Feast, Lions End, 06/25/2016
- Kimchi Workshop, Lions End, 10/06/2018
- Article "Return of the Cloved Fruit", Ostgardr newsletter - E-Horse 12/2019 and Lions End newsletter - Thereby Hangs a Tale 1/2020
Note: I'm missing a few, but don't remember dates at all.