Kamejima Matasaburou Takauji
Kamejima Matasaburou Takauji-dono
Vert, three laths fretted in triangle inverted argent
|Award & Office Badges|
Kamejima Takauji was born a third son of a third son in 1523. The first years of his life were spent growing up in a small fishing village on Fukuejima in the East China Sea, part of the Gotō 'Five Island Archipelago', off the West Coast of Kyushu.
Before reaching the age of 10, 'Taka' was adopted into the service of a powerful family. Through that family's connections and knowledge, 'Taka' learned the ways of the Samurai. His training consisted of a balance between Kenjutsu (Katana), Kyūjutsu (Yumi), & Tetsubōjutsu (Tetsubō). Outside of martial activities 'Taka' has used the art of crafting Bonsai to focus his mind and to feel connected to his home on Fukuejima.
- Rapier Fighting (Primarily with Katana)
- Kyūjutsu (Japanese Archery)
- Thrown Weapons
- Rattan Fighting (Primarily with Tetsubo)
Arts & Science:
SCA Offices & Positions
- Baronial Rapier Marshal for The Barony of Iron Bog
- Seneschal of The Shire of Barren Sands (Jan '17 - Nov '19) & Acting Chatelaine during that time.
- East Kingdom Southern Region Archery Marshal
- East Kingdom Southern Region Fencing Marshal
Honors / Awards / Recognitions / Affiliations
- Baronial Guard, Barony of Iron Bog; Jun '20-Present
- Award of the Fiskur, Service Token from Their Excellencies of Dragonship Haven, Balfar's Challenge; Apr A.S LII
- Order of the Silver Rapier (OSR), Bhakail Investiture; Jun A.S. LII
- Awards of Arms, Kingdom A&S Championship; Feb A.S. L
- Protégé of Master Erhart von Stuttgart (OP), Spring Crown Tournament; November A.S. LII
- Cadet of Captain Berrick Grayveson (OGR), Kings & Queens Rapier Tournament; November A.S. LII
- Archery Student of Master Godai Katsunaga (OL)
- Rapier Champion for the Barony of Iron Bog, Maybe Event: May A.S. LI - May A.S. LII
- Member of the Tadcaster Militia, Sept '16
- Novice Category Winner, St. Sebastian Archery Shoot, Pennsic XLIII
In Service to the East Kingdom
- Rapier MiC, Southern Region War Camp, Barony of Carillion; May '20
- Rapier MiC, Maybe Event, Barony of Iron Bog; May '20
- Rapier MiC, Iron Bog Mitzvah, Barony of Iron Bog; Mar '20
- Kitchen Staff & Set-Up/Clean-Up, Service Schola, Barony of Iron Bog; Jan '20
- Co-Event Steward & Archery MiC, Maybe Event, Barony of Iron Bog; May '19
- Set-Up/Clean-Up, River Wars, Barony of Iron Bog; Sept '18
- Kitchen Dish Washer, Bhakail Tavern, Barony of Bhakail; '18
- Rapier MiT, Shire Wars; Oct '17
- Kitchen Dish Washer, Shire Wars; Oct '17
- Demo Organizer, Wheaton Arts Fantasy Faire, Shire of Barren Sands; Jun '16, '17, '18, & '19
- Rapier MiT, Southern Region War Camp, Barony of Carillion; Jun '17, & '18
- Throne Set Up, Bhakail Investiture, Barony of Bhakail; Jun '17
- Demo Organizer, Egg Harbor Township Library, Shire of Barren Sands; May '17
- Set-Up/Clean-Up, Maybe Event, Barony of Iron Bog; May '17
- Co-Event Steward, K&Q A&S, Shire of Barren Sands; Feb '16
- Rapier MiT, War of The Roses, Barony of Concordia of the Snows; '16 & '18
- Rapier Marshal (MIT), Balfar's Challenge, Barony of Dragonship Haven; '16 & '18
- St. Sebastian Archery Shoot Marshal, Pennsic '14, '15, & '16
- Archery Marshal, Pennsic; '15 & '16
- Children's Fete Volunteer, Pennsic; '15
- Kitchen Staff, Maybe Event, Barony of Iron Bog; '14
- Pennsic Camp Land Agent, Pennsic; '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '17, & '18
- I Pick Things Up. I Move Things To Places. I Put Things Down.
The Name: Kamejima Matasaburou Takauji
- Kamejima: Translates to Turtle Island. Pronounced as Kah-May-she-Mah.
- Matasaburou: Translates to Third Son of a Third Son, an order of birth. Pronounced as Mah-Tah-Sah-Boar-Roo
- Takauji: Translates to Tall/High Clan. Pronounced as Tah-Kah-OO-Gee
- -Dono: Title (Lord). Pronounced as Doe-Noe. In use, the mode of address would be, 'Takauji-dono'
Regardless I will always respond to 'Taka', but in the case of matters of Court I prefer to be called in as 'Kamejima Takauji'.