Marshaling at the Wars of the Roses
Azure, a chevron inverted between an owl close contourny and two crossed keys argent.
|Award & Office Badges|
I am Kenneric Aubrey, and I have been in the SCA since 2005. I am originally from the Shire (now Barony) of Endewearde, lived for a short time in the Barony of Carolingia, and now reside and am an officer in the Shire of Mountain Freehold. My primary interest in the society has been fencing, an art which I have been practicing for over 10 years, and now teach as the Mountain Freehold Rapier Marshal. I have also put my hand to a number of other period arts, including garb making, embroidery, archery, cooking, brewing, and calligraphy.
Kenneric Aubrey was born in Penmark, Wales in the year 1324. Raised amongst the sailors and merchants of this port town, he quickly learned everything he could about the art of sailing. By the age of 16, he had been made first-mate aboard a merchant vessel.
In 1340, King Richard III pressed his ship into service to bring aid to the English allies in Flanders. After fighting in the Battle of Sluys and witnessing the horrors of the battle, Kenneric questioned why any should serve and die for such a cruel king. A king who would throw lives into the water like rocks for a petty claim for more land. He found others who felt the same. While the battle continued into the dark night, Kenneric and his comrades stole away aboard one of the many captured French vessels.
Together they swore to forge their own path. To live and die by their own principles and purpose. To make their freedom upon the sea. They called themselves the Free-Company, and their ship they rechristened the 'Stella Maris', the North Star.
To this day Captain Kenneric Aubrey sails under the Letter of Marque of Duchess Marieke van de Dal. Charged to excise tariffs on any vessel coming or going from the lands of Mercia, and to protect the shores of the Eastern Realm.
Offices & Affiliations
Shire of Mountain Freehold
- Rapier Marshal 1/31/16 - Current
- Deputy Seneschal 1/21/17 - Current
- Youth Rapier Marshal 1/7/18 - Current
Free-Company of the Stella Maris
- Captain 2/24/18 - Current
Cadet to Mistress Brita Mairi Svensdottir
- Harper's Retreat 8/30/19 - 9/2/19 - Fencing Marshal
- GNEW 7/11/19 - 7/14/19 - Fencing Marshal
- Opening of the Inne at Coldwood / NRWC 6/15/19 - Rapier MiC
- Wars of the Roses 5/24/19 - 5/27/19 - Fencing Marshal
- Feast of Fools 4/13/19 - Youth Officer
- Mimir's Well 3/9/19 - Co-Autocrat/Class Instructor (Intro to Calligraphy)
- Market Day at Birka 1/26/19 - Fencing Marshal
- Northern Region Rapier Practice 11/18/18 - Rapier MiC
- Coronation of Wilhelm & Vienna 9/29/18 - Retainer for His Majesty, König Wilhelm
- Demo at Fort William Henry 9/23/18 - Rapier MiC
- Mountain Freehold Birthday Bash 8/26/18 - Rapier MiC
- Opening of the Inne at Coldwood / NRWC 6/16/18 - Rapier MiC
- Wars of the Roses 5/25/18 - 5/28/18 - Youth Rapier MiC
- Mimir's Well 2/24/18 - Co-Autocrat
- Market Day at Birka 1/27/18 - Fencing Marshal
- Mountain Freehold Birthday Bash 10/14/17 - Rapier MiC
- Penteria XXII 5/26/17 - 5/28/17 - Fencing Marshal
- Coronation of Ioannes & Honig 4/1/17 - Feast Staff
- Mimir's Well 2/25/17 - Class Instructor (Sword-Belt Construction)
- Mountain Freehold Birthday Bash 10/8/16 - Rapier MiC
- Endewearde Baronial Investiture 9/28/13 - Feast Staff
In Case of Court
Please contact Lady Cat Spoonbreaker, Lady Eleanor Grey, Lady Solveig Bjarnardottir, and the Free-Company of the Stella Maris
- Tell me NOTHING*