From EastKingdomWiki(Redirected from User:Medievalmouse)
Masteritsa Nadezhda Voronova
Crown Tourney, Spring 2015 (Photographer: Mike Craig)
|Resides: Barony of The Bridge, East Kingdom|
|Status: Active member|
|Awards: Order of Precedence|
Per pale sable and gules, an orle of mice statant argent.
|Award & Office Badges|
Persona name: Masteritsa Nadezhda Voronova (also briefly known as Symonne de Villeneuve)
- Member since 2002.
- Resident of the Barony of Smoking Rocks, 2002-2008.
- Resident of Barony of Concordia of the Snows, 2008-2010.
- Resident of Canton of Northpass in the Crown Province of Ostgardr, 2010-2011.
- Resident of the Kingdom of An Tir, 2011-2013.
- Resident of the Barony of the Bridge, 2013-present.
Persona Background: 10th century Viking Rus. Nadezhda was born 920 AD in Gnezdovo, Staritskiy rayon, Tverskaya Oblast, Russia. Daughter of Voron Vatislavl’ (Slavic Krivichi) and Katarina Laurens dotter (Varangian). See Wikipedia article on Krivichs tribe: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krivichs.
Geographical Location: Gnezdovo was a Slavic-Varangian settlement which flourished in the 10th century as a major trade station on the Varangian-Byzantine trade route, geographically speaking from the Baltic to the Black Sea connecting Scandinavia, Kievan Rus, and the Byzantine Empire. The settlement was located near modern day Smolensk. See Wikipedia article on Gnezdovo: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gnezdovo.
Historical Context: Kiev, 950 AD. Following the death of her husband Igor in 945, Olga is ruling Kiev until her son, Sviatslov, is old enough to assume leadership. Olga travels extensively, including a trip to Byzantium where she is baptized in Greek Orthodoxy. Her attempts to convert Kievan Rus to Christianity, however, fail and the people remain predominantly pagan. There is also evidence that women could enter into contracts, purchase land, and in general to varying degrees have autonomous access to money and property during this period. This was particularly true for women with access to wealth and an acceptable reason for lacking a husband – widows or nuns. Moreover, women seem to have not been secluded to the extent that became customary in many parts of Europe.
- Barony of Smoking Rocks Birthday, April 2005, Late Period French Feast
- Ice Weasel, Barony of Smoking Rocks, February 2006, Russian Feast
- Ice Weasel, Barony of Smoking Rocks, February 2007, Hungarian Feast
- Ice Weasel, Barony of Smoking Rocks, February 2008, Polish Feast
- Master Grim the Skald's Vigil, Northern Region War Camp, 2008, Early Period Anglo-Saxon Dayboard
- Bjorn's Ceilidh, Barony of Concordia of the Snows, 2008, 14th Century French Feast and Dayboard
- Winter Nights, Barony of Concordia of the Snows, 2009, Russian Feast and Dayboard
- Coronation of TRM Konrad and Brenwen, Barony of Concordia of the Snows, 2009, 14th Century German/English Feast
- Beowulf the Event, Barony of Concordia of the Snows, 2011, Early Period Anglo-Saxon Feast and Dayboard
- Deputy Chatelaine, Barony of Smoking Rocks, 2003-2005
- Viking Persona class, Barony of Smoking Rocks, 2005
- Russian Persona class, Barony of Smoking Rocks, 2005
- Historian, Archivist, and Librarian (HAL), Barony of Smoking Rocks, 2005-2006
- Deputy Chatelaine, Barony of Concordia of the Snows, 2008
- Royal Cook to HRM Darius Aurelius Serpentius, October 2008-April 2009
- Autocrat, War of the Roses, Barony of Concordia of the Snows, 2009
- Chatelaine, Barony of Concordia of the Snows, 2009
- Preparing Period SCA Feasts class, Pennsic 2009 and Shire of Anglespur 2009
- Royal Event Coordinator, TRM Omega and Etheldreda Ivelchyld, November 2014-present
- Member, Barony of Smoking Rocks Culinary Guild, 2004-2008
- Guild Leader, Collegium of St. Lawrence, 2008-present
- Member, Company de Cuisine, 2009-present
- Member, Beyond the Pale household, Serpentius, 2013
- Award of Arms, TRM Andreas and Gabriella, November 3, 2007
- Order of the Spoon, Barony of Concordia of the Snows, 2008 and 2009
- Companion of the Maunche, HRM Dairus IV, January 24, 2009
- King's Cypher, HRM Darius IV, April 11, 2009
- Grant of Arms, TRM Andreas and Gabriella, May 23, 2009
- Court Baroness, TRM Andreas and Gabriella, May 23, 2009
- Order of the Sapphire, Barony of Concordia of the Snows, May 24, 2009
- 1st place, Mistress Eleanore MacCarthaigh's Laurel Challenge, St. Festus, 2009
- Companion of the Burdened Tyger, TRM Konrad and Brenwen, October 31, 2009
- Companion of the Order of the Laurel, TRM Darius Aurelius Serpentius (called Omega) and Etheldreda Ivelchyld, May 23, 2015
- Royal Augmentation of Arms, TRM Darius Aurelius Serpentius (called Omega) and Etheldreda Ivelchyld, October 2, 2015