Tiberius Iulius Rufus
Tiberius in soft kit and armor.
|Award & Office Badges|
Tiberius uses male pronouns: He, Him, His, etc.
Tiberius Iulius Rufus Primus is a 1st Century Roman. He resides in the Shire of Panther Vale (Vermont) with his husband, Vopiscus Rufius Donatus, and runs a small goat farm. He is a potter, poet, and armored fighter. Tiberius believes in equity, access, and building the Society that welcomes all who would hold firm the good.
- Magister (Master) Tiberius Iulius Rufus Primus is squire to Sir Gareth Grey de Wilton.
- Consort of, and married to, Dominus (Lord) Vopiscus Rufius Donatus
- Member of House Serpentius, Crimson Company, and House Argent Fist
- Tiberius is Regional Commander for the 3rd Division, Great Northern Army
- Tiberius works in silk, adores heraldry, and composes poetry when he is not fighting.
- Tiberius was named Aquilifer, or Eagle-Bearer, of the Great Northern Army.
- Tiberius currently serves as Legate of the Serpentius Militia.
- Tiberius was awarded the Order of Valor of the East (Tyger of Valor) by King Omega IV.
- Queen Vienna awarded Tiberius the Queen's Order of Courtesy at Her Crown Tournament at Endewearde.
- Tiberius carries the First Spear of Serpentius for AS LIII
The peerage traditions in Master Tiberius's lineage do not ask potential students, in arts, combat, or works, if they would be interested in forming a mentor-student relationship. Master Tiberius is open to discussions, and should be approached by individuals, rather than the individual hoping that he will contact them. He welcomes conversations about students, potential students, and those wondering about all this stuff.
Virtual or Ethereal Court: Tiberius would welcome awards in virtual or ethereal court. He is comfortable receiving at-distance awards.
Tiberivs of the Ivlii, called Rvfvs due to his hair color, has been named a Senator in the recent census. He campaigns with the 10th Legion, commanding a squadron of the ala Scubulorum (Cavalry). Tiberivs has served under the sign of the bull for several years, often traveling back to Arpinum to take the next step on the mos maiorum. He has just completed a term of civilian service as a Cediles and was recently deployed to Macedonia.
A strict Catonian, Tiberivs observes the festivals and holy days imprinted on him from birth. Each Roman action, properly executed, is a sacred institution. While he sees the difficulties in Res Publica, he believes that the Roman system is the culmination of civilization, raised by the gods, and protected by the hearts of true men.
Tiberivs is dominus of a large latifundia and hopes that the current difficulties within the Senate will not impede his ability to progress.
Tiberivs took the cognomen Primus, after a victory in personal combat (with another Tiberius) at the Great Pennsic War.
Tiberius Iulius Rufus Primus was named Aquilifer (Grant of Arms) of the Great Northern Army of the East Kingdom.
Offices & Positions
- Regional Commander, 3rd Division - Great Northern Army
- Seneschal Panther Vale, 2007 - 2009
- EK Earl Marshal of Youth Combat, 2009 - 2011
- Pursuivant Panther Vale - 2012 - 2017
- Panther Vale Knight Marshal - 2017 - Present
Lots of silk projects, about 300 so far.
Reproduction and experiments with Roman and early-period pottery techniques, forms, and vessels. Tiberius is currently researching and attempting to make Samian ware. The small punches and dies are in-progress, and then cups shall follow.
Creating Terra Sigillata, a Roman glaze-like slip, refined and applied to seal pottery.