From EastKingdomWiki(Redirected from User:Laralu)
|Status: Having Fun|
|Awards: Order of Precedence|
Per pale Or and vert, a chevron counterchanged and in canton a cinquefoil vert
|Award & Office Badges|
Mistress Elysabeth Underhill, nicknamed Lissa, (she/her/hers), is currently focused on informally supporting the Arts and Sciences in the East Kingdom, and on working to improve her skill with a rapier. She is working on learning Northern Italian Rapier by taking classes, reading manuals, and attending practices. She is also dabbling in Martial A&S activities.
Previously to this focus, she spent sevveral years working for the Ministry of Arts and Sciences, and before that her focus was on learning and teaching the art of glass bead making.
Please know that Lissa is always happy to teach her art, discuss researh methods (she is a Librarian by profession), or provide general SCA mentoriship. Teaching in SCA is extremely important to her, and something she is comfortable doing, so please do not hesitate to ask if you think she can help. She believes that deeper associations and relationships grow out of these initial intereactions.
Lissa tends to be a bit busy/preoccupied at events, so contacting her via Facebook (Lissa Underhill) or through e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) is always an alternative way to get in touch.
AWARDS & HONORS
- Order of the Pelican (2020)
- Order of the Laurel (2016)
- Queens Arts and Sciences Champion (2016)
- Award of the Golden Lyre (2015)
- Arts and Sciences Champion of Bhakail (2015 & 2011)
- Order of the Silver Crescent (2013)
- Order of the Silver Rapier (2012)
- Order of the Maunche (2011)
- Order of the Harlequin Bhakail (2011)
- Order of the Salamander (Bhakail (2007)
- Lady's Rapier Champion of Bhakail (n.d.)
- Rapier Champion of Carillion (n.d.)
- Award of Arms (2005)
Note: Lissa prefers to recieve awards in person, and not virtually. She likes supprises, but knows that life does not always make that easy to arrange.
- Jacqueline Cross (spouse)
- Aibhilin inghean Ui Phaidin (apprentice)
- Doroga Voronin (apprentice)
- Tadcaster Militia (household)
- Former Cadet & Protégée to Mistress Marion del Okes
- Former Student to Mistress Brunissende Dragonette (Bruni)
Selected History of Service
- EK Gazette, Research Article Curator, 2019-present
- Kingdom Minister of A&S, 2019-2021
- Kingdom Deputy Minister of A&S, 2018
- Kingdom A&S Special Deputy, 2017
- Chancellor of the East Kingdom University, 2011-2013
Lissa has organized multiple A&S competitions, from local baronial championchips, to Crown's A&S, and the Pennsic A&S War Point.
Lissa has also coordinated classes for many schola and universisty events on the local, kingdom and society level. Events include: Noisemakers (Bhakail), May-be Event (Iron Bog), Artisans's Village (Hartshorn-dale), Known World Rapier/Costume Symposium, and Pennsic Artisan's Row Glass Display.
Finally, Lissa has taught many A&S classes over years, both related to her primary art of Lampworking, and "meta" A&S classes.
Lissa's art is the making of glass beads. While she has made beads from many time periods, much of her focus has been on recreating glass beads from Early Medieval England (5th-7th century). She has also done research on the social meaning and significance of glass beads in that society. With the help of friends, she has also researched, reconstructed, and made beads on a period-appropriate bead furnace.
Note: If you want help on anything related to glass beads, please just ask. Lissa loves to teach!
A&S Blog: https://historicglassbeads.wordpress.com