Katherine Ashewode, "The Pocket Bard"
|Award & Office Badges|
Katherine Ashewode was born on May 18, 1282 in England. She is currently living in L'ile du Dragon Dormant.
Offices & Positions
- Minister of Arts and Sciences, L'ile du Dragon Dormant, 04/2004 to 04/2005
- Minister of Arts and Sciences, L'ile du Dragon Dormant, 12/2006 to 12/2007
- Dean of Oral Traditions, East Kingdom Royal College of Performers, 10/2012 to 2015
- Organized feast service, Fall Harvest, 10/19/2002
- Organized feast service, 3Ms, 03/13/2004
- A&S competition organizer, Fall Harvest, 10/16/2004
- Co-Autocrat, K&Q Rapier, 01/22/2005
- A&S competition organizer, Baronial Investiture of L'ile du Dragon Dormant, 03/06/2005
- Organized feast service, Crown Tournament, 05/07/2006
- A&S display organizer, Fall Harvest, 11/10/2007
Projects & Publications
- Organized construction of regalia for the baronial investiture of L'ile du Dragon Dormant, 03/06/2005
- Frequent teacher at Pennsic and other events. Classes include:
- Your Persona in an Hour
- Pennsic Without Breaking the Bank
- Singing 101
- By My Bones! (about medieval relic lists)
- Medieval Cosmology 101
- Sexy, Silly, Scheming Saints (fun saint stories)
Katherine can be found at Pennsic camping with McGuire's Marauders, across the street from Aethelmearc Royal and behind Ansteorra Royal. Many of her camp-mates call her "The Pocket Bard," and she will answer to this. Katherine will perform bardic at the slightest hint of interest, and will continue until people throw rotten fruit at her.
Katherine holds an Award of Arms and is a member of the Order of the Troubadour and the Order of the Maunche for performing arts and research into the lives of the saints. She is a student to Master Ernst Nuss von Kitzingen and apprenticed to Mistress Marian of Heatherdale.