Photo courtesy of Esmeria de Rus, 2019
Azure, a camel statant contourny Or, on a chief wavy argent three thistle heads purpure.
|Award & Office Badges|
Lord Edmund Forster has been involved with the SCA since 2013. His first event attended was Shire Wars III, run by the Shire of Archer's Ford (incipient). He is active in the fencing and cut and thrust communities in Shire of Owlsherst and the Southern Region. He is also active in the Webministry office.
Mundanely, he is vegan, and does not consume anything from an animal, and tries to avoid wearing anything from an animal. He has been actively working to foster a community between fellow vegans and vegetarians in the SCA via Pennsic social gatherings and a Facebook group.
Describe your persona and persona history (as much as you wish)
Areas of Interest
- In-Period Veganism and Vegetarianism
- Cooking & Brewing
- Rapier and Cut & Thrust
- Silk Painting
- Fabric Painting/Stamping
Offices & Positions
- Founding Member, House of the Mantis, 10/01/2018 to present
- Rapier Marshal, 11/01/2018 to present
- Webminister, Shire of Owlsherst, 2014 to present
- Deputy Webminister for Design, East Kingdom, 11/14/2019 to present
- Led the 2019 East Kingdom Website Redesign
- Rapier Marshal-in-Charge, Owlsherst Country 12th Night, 01/19/2019
- Rapier Marshal-in-Charge, Fall Coronation, 10/5/2019
- Deputy Autocrat, Owlsherst Country 12th Night, 01/18/2020
- Vegetarian & Veganism in the Middle Ages, Pennsic XLVII
- Vegans and Vegetarians of the SCA: A Meet-Up, Pennsic XLVII
- Vegans and Vegetarians of the SCA: A Meet-Up, Pennsic XLVIII
In Case of Court
Edmund is indifferent towards surprises, so either contact him directly, or contact his lady, Esmeria De Rus. Because of mundane responsibilities, Edmund often is unable to attend court at the end of events. If Edmund is expected to be in court for any reason, please let him know in advance if possible, so arrangements can be made.
- If receiving an award document, a note to the Scribe assigned: He is very partial towards scrolls on black paper with metallic inks/paints. He is also partial to late-period Indian or Mughal artwork/design. If a Dachshund, Corgi, or a mythical monster or creature found their way onto the scroll, he would not complain.