Joel at Coronation, April AS LII
|Award & Office Badges|
He originally started here largely to support his wife, of whom he is immensely proud. Formerly a protege to Mistress Lylie_of_Penhyll, clearly somewhere along the way this "Mundane-in-tow"(tm) failed a saving throw and was elevated to the Order of the Pelican.
When keeping out from under foot, he tends to be found in the kitchen. Beware of the sharp kitchen implements in his wake, they tend to be far sharper than you expect.
Joel isn't quite sure where or when he is from. Vague recollections of 12th Century western Germany (Worms) exist, but, alas, the amnesia has not yet abated.
- Site Liaison, The Wars of the Roses, 05/2019
- Co-Kitchener, Bjorn's Ceilidh and Concordian Baronial Investiture, 10/2018
- Site Liaison, The Wars of the Roses, 05/2018
- Deputy Event Steward and Site Liaison, The Wars of the Roses, 05/2017
- Kitchener, The Feast of St. Nicholas in Queen Elizabeth's Court, 12/2016
- Co-Event Steward, The Wars of the Roses, 05/2016
- Dayboard Deputy, Coronation of Brennan II and Caoilhfionn II, 10/2015
- Class Coordinator, Victuality II: The Second Course, held at Hunter's Moon, 9/2015
- MoL, King's and Queen's Bardic Championship, 1/2015
- Co-Kitchener, Bjorn's Ceilidh and Concordian Baronial Investiture, 11/2014
- Merchant Coordinator, The War of the Roses, 05/2014
- Event Steward, East Kingdom Twelfth Night, 1/2014
- Deputy Autocrat, Bjorn's Ceilidh, 11/2013
- Tear-down coordinator, The Wars of the Roses, 05/2013
- MoL, The Queen's Meadhall - King's and Queen's Bardic Champions, 02/2013
- Co-Kitchener, Coronation of Edward II and Thyra, 10/2012
- Kitchen Staff, Barony of Bergental 21st Birthday, 02/2012
- Tear-down coordinator, The Wars of the Roses, 05/2011
- Technical Director, Beowulf the Event, 03/2011
- Kitchen Help (for a little while), Coronation, 09/2010
- Kitchen Staff, Barony of Concordia of the Snows 30th Anniversary, 08/2010
- Tear-down coordinator, The Wars of the Roses, 05/2010
- Kitchen Staff, Coronation of Edward and Marguerite, 04/2010?
- Kitchen Staff, Winter Nights, 10/2009
- Kitchen Staff, Coronation of Konrad II and Brenwyn II, 10/2009
- Tear-down coordinator, The Wars of the Roses, 05/2009
- Head cook, Winter Nights, 10/2008
Any class I teach can definitely be reprised, feel free to ask. Since I tend toward the service side of things these tend to be service related and finding an appropriate venue for them can be difficult.
- Scaling, Scheduling, Portioning, and Budgeting Feast, Carolingian Service University, 02/2016
- Care and Feeding of Kitchen Knives, Victuality II: The Second Course, 09/2015
- Scaling, Scheduling, and Portioning Feast, Victuality II: The Second Course, 09/2015
- Scaling, Scheduling, and Portioning Feast, The War of the Roses, 05/2014
- Care and Feeding of Kitchen Knives, Victuality: The Event! , 08/2013
- Central Region Representative, East Kingdom Council of the Exchequer, 11/2017-
- East Kingdom Deputy Webminister for Services, 10/2017-
- Project Manager, Google for Nonprofits email migration, 10/2017-3/2018
- Deputy Society Webminister, 06/2016-04/2018
- Drop Dead Deputy Seneschal, Barony of Concordia of the Snows, 10/2015-04/2017
- East Kingdom Calendar Deputy Webminister, 12/2014-
- East Kingdom Deputy of Aether, Special Projects Division, 11/2014-10/2017
- Head of the Baron's Privy Council under His Excellency Jean-Paul duCasse, 11/2014-10/2018
Joel (mka Joel) works as a computer consultant, and his non-SCA hobbies are tech at Science Fiction Conventions and theater sound design. He spent 8 years on the Board of Directors of the Theatre Association of New York State and is currently on the Board of Directors of Alpha Psi Omega, the National Theatre Honor Society. He's also the Chairman of the Board and Executive Director of the Collar City Players, a new theatre company in Troy, NY. 4 years in a restaurant kitchen back in high school/early college have never really left his brain, and are the real source of his kitchen savvy and work ethic. He has a long-standing tendency toward being helpful, and a knack for delegation.