Hassan Ibn Abd Al-Malik
Hassan Ibn Abd Al-Malik
Sable, a lion passant maintaining a scimitar and on a chief Or a demi-sun gules.
|Award & Office Badges|
In 2002, Hassan was introduced to the SCA by Baron Mathias Feuerdrachen and Lord PJ, newfound friends from the New York Renaissance Fair at that time. They spoke of the pageantry and the excitement of the Pennsic war. Their souls truly spoke more than their words. It was the summer of 2002 that he went to his first Pennsic War. At the time Hass lived the musician's life. As a middle eastern drummer he traveled with a band of friends from encampment to encampment providing musical entertainment.
Hassan ibn Abd' al-Malik was originally a Hashashin who followed a branch of the Ismaili sect of Shia Islam. This sect lead him to many jobs against the enemies of Islam - more specifically the Seljuk Turks and their allies. His skill set landed him a position under An-Nasir Salah ad-Din Yusuf ibn Ayyub in his Ayyubid Army after two failed assassination attempts on the famous Kurd's life. Hassan would have fought through the Battle of Hattin and watched the rise of glory of Islam and An-Nasir Salah ad-Din Yusuf ibn Ayyub himself.
- Knighted by Duke Brennan mac Fearghus and Duchess Caoilfhionn inghean Fhaoláin
- Once Squired to Master Ruslan Novgorodcev.
- Member of House Gleipnirvirki
- Member of the Hrafnox Fighting Unit.
- Husband of Lady Yasemin Bint Al-Hajjar
- Member of House Three Skulls
Offices & Positions
- Belted Champions 2019
- Unbelted Champions 2014-2018.
- Knight Marshal, Midland Vale 2016-2019
- Deputy Knight Marshal, Midland Vale 2013-2016
- Exchequer, Midland Vale 2013-2016
- Captain of the Queen's Guard for Dutchess Anna Ophelia Holloway Tarragon
- Queen's Guard for Countess Ro Honig von Sommerfeldt
- Autocrat, Tourney of the Daffodils, Midland Vale, 4/2016
- Steward of the Gate, East Kingdom Twelfth Night, Midland Vale, 1/2016
- Steward of the Gate, Tourney of the Daffodils, Midland Vale, 4/2015
Projects and Publications
All of the garb which I wear is made by me. I am fond of wearing attire that ranges from as early as 600 A.D. up to the 16th century. My inspirations come from Persian, Indian, and Turkish persuasions. I utilize paintings, coins, and tapestries as source material before making an ensemble.
I also enjoy studying middle eastern music and have played the Dumbek for 18 years now.
Awards and Honors
- Award of Arms, Gregor IV and Kiena II, 5/11/2013
- Queen's Award of Esteem, Omega V & Etheldreda IV, 4/25/2015
- Order of the Tygers Combatant, Omega V & Etheldreda IV, 8/2/2015
- Queen's Cypher, Brion III and Anna III, 4/1/2017
- Order of the Silver Wheel, Ivan and Matilde, 11/18/2017
- Order of the Chivalry, Brennan III and Caoilfhionn III, 8/9/2018
- Blue Tyger Legion, Southern Army (Armored), Pennsic 47
- Heavy Fighting
- Classical Middle Eastern Drumming, especially Persian, Turkish, Indian, and Egyptian rhythms
- Leather Work
- Making period middle-eastern garb.
Suggested tokens of esteem/Good Bribes: Being Persian, I have an eye for the shiny. I love middle eastern jewelry and bling. As well, I am a scotch man, so most single malts are a good start.