Brian of Stonemarche
See Template_talk:Populace for full suggested contents.
Brian of Stonemarche
Argent, a chevron inverted sable between a chabot gules and two chabots azure.
|Award & Office Badges|
Brian of Stonemarche is Brian Chabot in mundane life and has been active in the SCA since October 2002. He was drawn to the SCA following the passing of Earl Ælfwine Dunedain. Brian is a rapier marshal and two time Baronessa's Rapier Champion in the Barony of Stonemarche. He ran both the only regularly occurring official rapier practice in Stonemarche and has and still occasionally does run un-official gatherings of fencers since 2005 or so.
16th c. English (ca. 1590's)
Brian of Stonemarche is an English Merchant Adventurer from London, who practices Rapier & Dagger in the English Style. While his fighting is English, he has a penchant for Italian clothing styles. By trade, he is a merchant, with a love of travel and meeting new people and bringing home rare and exotic goods to sell in London. Business is good and he may be in the market to outfit a small fleet...
11th c. Saxon (ca. 1090's)
Brian of Stonemarche was born to a family of traders from the Liverpool area with strong ties to Ireland. His parents & grandparents survived Williem's invasion by being decidedly neutral. If you wanted to do business, that was fine. Brian runs a booming import export business sometimes traveling with groups of Crusaders to locate rare spices and other goods from the Mediterranean region.
Late 14th c. to Early 15th c.
(Concept in progress. Western Europe (probably France), circa 1380-1420.Man-At-Arms. Doer of Deeds. )
Offices & Positions
- Baronessa's Rapier Champion , Barony of Stonemarche, 06/11/2006 to 06/10/2007 and 09/01/2014 to 9/2015.
- East Kingdom Webminister-at-large Webminister for Rapier, 04/13/2016-2019
- East Kingdom Webminister-at-large Deputy Webminister for Rapier 2019-Present
- Captain of Fencers for the Barony of Stonemarche ???? till summer 2018.
- East Kingdom Deputy Marshal for Steel Fighting Experiment, "Heavy Sword", Birka 2020-Present
- Baronial Chronicler, Barony of Stonemarche, 02/21/2020-Present
- Deputy Rapier Martial-in-charge, Birka 1/30/2016
- Autocrat for SCA Rapier Fencing Demo at the New Hampshire Renaissance Faire, 5/7-8/2016 and 5/14-5/2016
- Rapier Martial-in-charge, Palio di Stonemarche, 2016
- Rapier Marshal-in-Charge, Harpers Retreat, 2016
- Rapier Martial-in-charge, Birka 1/28/2017
- Rapier Martial-in-charge, Palio di Stonemarche, 2017
- Rapier Marshal-in-Charge, Harpers Retreat, 2017
- Rapier Martial-in-charge, Birka 1/27/2018
- Rapier Marshal-in-Charge, Golden Tournaments 2018
- Rapier Marshal-in-Charge, Harpers' Retreat 2018
- Rapier Martial-in-charge, Birka 1/26/2019
Projects & Publications
- Organizer of sometimes regular and sometimes impromptu unofficial rapier practices in the southern end of Stonemarche (2004 or 2005-present)
- Web Minister for House Stormgard, 09/13/2006
- Admin for the Stonemarche Fencing Facebook group, 07/16/2013
- Currently organizing A Company of Merchant Adventurers as of Harpers Retreat 2013.
In Case of Court
Brian respectfully requests to be notified in advance if his presence is required in court. A writ or summons is preferred, but verbal notice is sufficient. Please be specific as to which court (including time and location), as some events have multiple courts.
- Member of House Stormgard, House Vaganza, and Maple Crest
- Rapier MIT Midsummer in Stonemarche 06/10/2007-????, GNEW 07/12/2013-Birka 2015
- Rapier Marshal (ca. Birka 2015, though he is told the paperwork was approved some time earlier. Birka was when he saw himself listed as a marshal in the MoL database.)
- Archery Marshal in Training 2018-Present (Under Temür Numuchi)
- Also heavy list fighter (preferred weapon: Pole arm (halberd, poleaxe, etc.) or sword and shield. Lover of Deeds of Arms
- With Lady Sorcha Dhorcha, Ran for the Baronial seat of Stonemarche unsuccessfully in 2018.