Giles William Trout
Per bend sinister, Argent and Azure, daggers crossed counterchanged
|Award & Office Badges|
Master Giles William Trout, he of many names but most commonly called Billy Fish, joined the SCA around 1990. He is a member of Duchy Von Drachenklaue and the head of Haus Dagon. Formerly squired to Lucan von Drachenklaue, he is now a Companion of the Order of the Pelican.
William's father and other family members died during the Norman conquests in the late 11th century. He traveled east with others. First through the Kingdom of France for a time, where he learned the local language, and took a traveling name 'Giles'. After a short time as a mercenary in France, he decided to continue to travel east and eventually ending up joining the Varangian guard of the Byzantine empire. He spent many years campaigning as a bodyguard for the Emperor, eventually gaining a role as advisor and Captain to the heirs of his original leaders.
Offices & Positions
- Captain of the Guard - Caoilfhionn
- Captain of the Guard - Caoilfhionn II
- Captain of the Guard - Caoilfhionn III
- Award of Arms - Lucan and Jana
- Tygers Combattant - Lucan VI and Jana III
- Court Barony - Lucan VIII and Jana V
- Queen's Order of Courtesy - Brennan and Caoilfhionn
- Queen's Cypher - Caoilfhionn
- Queen's Cypher - Caoilfhionn II
- King's Award of Esteem - Brennan III
- Queen's Award of Esteem - Caoilfhionn III
- Silver Wheel - Brennan III and Caoilfhionn III
- Silver Crescent - Wilhelm and Vienna
- Pelican - Wilhelm and Vienna
- Name of Position, Name of Event, mm/dd/yyyy
- List in Chronological order, oldest to newest
In Case of Court
Please contact Lady Mægwynn filia Brun.